Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Long Range Hunting Video Library > Holland Guns Video Content

Holland Long Range Shooting School - Bolt Manipulation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 08:57 AM
SPONSOR

Re: Holland Long Range Shooting School - Bolt Manipulation

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the kind words regarding our bolt manipulation skills on the LRH video clip. These skills are important to all shooters especially long range marksmen. We can develope bad habits that are carried to the field resulting wounded or lost game.

Listed below is our training tip #206.

Practice 25 dry fires a day with perfect bolt manipulation and in a month or so you will be amazed at your improved proficiency. Don't get in a big hurry when doing these drills, perfect form is first and they we can add a little speed once the technique is burned on our hard drive. Its a great way to start the day keeping you motivated while at work.

Best of luck to you all and keep that "Powder" burning.

Thanks Len for making our video clip available to all the members,

Respectfully,

Darrell Holland
Old 07-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Platinum Member

Thanks for the video Darrell!! I've been dry firing and working on the bolt movements for a couple weeks and I've seen a big benifit when at the range. My trigger and shot control has improved along with bolt manipulation just from the dry firing and having a more defined method. I do need to get the bolt lift a little lighter on my Savage though.
Thanks again!
Old 07-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Silver Member

This is such a good point to emphasize. It is the weekend and I have relaxed out of the Texas heat by watching some huntiing shows. It amazes me how many guys shoot and don't work the bolt while they are in recoil. Are they ignorant of hydrostatic shock stunning game's nervous system...momentarily? Staying in the gun ready to double tap has saved many animals from; unnecessary pain, increased my organic meat menu by not having to wait till the next day to find spoiled animals, saved me very expensive lost trophy fees in Africa and possibly prevented mauling on the dangerous game safaris. I WILL TAKE ONE OF Darrell Holland's courses and finance it by selling one of those rifles just setting in there waiting to be stolen! Thanks for sharing Mr. Holland.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:05 AM
Platinum Member

Great video!!!
Thanks for sharing that tip Darrell.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:26 PM

very nice video. I would love to take one of his courses.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:59 PM
SPONSOR

Thank you sir, I too look forward to shooting with you one day,

Until then, be safe in your travels.

Most respectfully,

Darrell Holland
Old 02-03-2011, 03:35 AM
Silver Member

Hi Darrell,

I first watched this video about nine or so months ago and have 'modified' my position and technique to what you have suggested.

Outcome: Much smoother and slicker type movement now with the added benifit of not raising my head but continue to focus on the target/reticle.

I believe I have improved a good 80% from where I was before.

So, a very BIG thankyou

You really know when things are improving when others comment on what they see you doing in a very positive/impressed way.

Cheers, CentreHit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Holland View Post
Thank you sir, I too look forward to shooting with you one day,

Until then, be safe in your travels.

Most respectfully,

Darrell Holland