Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Long Range Hunting Video Library > Long Range Pursuit TV, Gunwerks, GSeven

G7 BR2 Rangefinder -- VIDEO USER GUIDE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 01:37 PM
PUBLISHER

Re: G7 BR2 Rangefinder -- VIDEO USER GUIDE

Old 09-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Gold Member

Len,

I am very interested in this unit, but I still have more research to do. I have yet to find ballistic software that matches the actual drop of my bullet out beyond 600 yds or so. I usually end up having to tweek the velocity and/or BC to get things lined up after 600 yds, then another tweek at 1000 yds, and yet another at say 1500 yds. Nightforce software allows for multiple G1 BC inputs at various distances to accomplish this.

From the videos, I understand that two options (velocity & BC) are still available to the user for tweeking results with the BR2, but not multiple BC inputs. Is there a way to get a read-out of drops in 100 yd increments to confirm BR2 software is lined up with your confirmed drop table? Or is the only way to do that by setting up targets at known 100 yd intervals, getting a solution and then comparing them with what you already have. If the latter, then it seems a little cumbersome having to tweek to get the right reading at 900 yds, but then having to re-shoot your 400 yd target to make sure that your tweeking did not make a material change to your firing solution. We've all experienced the "domino effect" that tweeking has in trying to get the corrected ballistics for our rifle.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:40 PM
PUBLISHER

I think the software used is the as we use on LRH. So you could get your answer that way.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 04-24-2014, 02:13 PM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsugarbear View Post
Len,

I am very interested in this unit, but I still have more research to do. I have yet to find ballistic software that matches the actual drop of my bullet out beyond 600 yds or so. I usually end up having to tweek the velocity and/or BC to get things lined up after 600 yds, then another tweek at 1000 yds, and yet another at say 1500 yds. Nightforce software allows for multiple G1 BC inputs at various distances to accomplish this.

From the videos, I understand that two options (velocity & BC) are still available to the user for tweeking results with the BR2, but not multiple BC inputs. Is there a way to get a read-out of drops in 100 yd increments to confirm BR2 software is lined up with your confirmed drop table? Or is the only way to do that by setting up targets at known 100 yd intervals, getting a solution and then comparing them with what you already have. If the latter, then it seems a little cumbersome having to tweek to get the right reading at 900 yds, but then having to re-shoot your 400 yd target to make sure that your tweeking did not make a material change to your firing solution. We've all experienced the "domino effect" that tweeking has in trying to get the corrected ballistics for our rifle.
One of the nice things about the G7BR2 is that the ballstics it calculates will be exactly the same as our online program, so you can verify with the program, and then input the values into the RF. On the truing note, most people will need to true their profiles, we offer G7 drag models as an option to help with the matching problem you were describing.