Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR)

Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR) Over 1,000 Yds.

What are you shooting at? Long Range Targets.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Silver Member

Re: What are you shooting at? Long Range Targets.

Weather is going to be bad, monday and tuesday in alabama so i am going to start on cutting and welding my targets. I know all of you have seen the man size target to are sold with the hole in to chest or center that can pop or ring,and you can paint them different colors? Well ive got some steel . Im going to make a 30 in circle with a 10 in hole cut in it then take that piece and weld it with a henge and spring in the back. The target will be white and the cutt out section painted Black or Orange. This target will hang from small swing set target that i have in place at 360 acre flat cornfield for my 1 mile target.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:26 PM
Bronze Member

Shooting at ice, is in my opinion the best target thyere is, but there is a season for it.
You can really reach way out there.

My 338LM rifle has now more then 5000 rounds through it, and it still shoots a 3 shot group at 0.75 moa at 2200 meters.
In this video, I used 2 shots to get on target, my ammo was not veryfied, and since I use a silencer, mirage from the silencer becomes a problem after only 3 shots. So the last three shots hit high and low of the group, due to this mirage.

But 300 grs Lapua Scenar works fine way out in the subsonic range.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:03 PM
Platinum Member

Here is a picture of my backstop for shooting long range. It is private land so no one ever bothers me out here. I put my 24"x24" AR500 steel target down at the base of the mountain below that large saddle on the left side of the mountain. The picture was taken 1780 yards from the target which is the furtherest that I have shot. You really don't realize how far away it is until you see it in a picture!

What are you shooting at? Long Range Targets.-img_0572.jpg
Old 02-19-2014, 09:24 PM
Silver Member

I shoot whatever I can. Whenever I can. Wherever I am. With whoever I can.