Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR)

Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR) Over 1,000 Yds.

What is going on with ELR Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Silver Member

What is going on with ELR Forum.

Does anybody have anything new or informative to share on ELR. If so upload what ever you have. I enjoy reading and seeing what others are up to.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Platinum Member

Re: What is going on with ELR Forum.

I check it all the time as well to see what the hot rods are up to. I have been trying to find my max range for consistency and ability etc. Can't even imagine shooting the distances some of these guys shoot for first round cold bore hunting scenario's. I ranged a rock Sunday at 1982 yards and at first was like, oh I want to shoot that, then ranged it, and just moved along saying wow, some guys could actually do that.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Silver Member

I know that is what dreams are made of. Just pushing the limits.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member

I have been limited to the 300 win for a while now. In the last week or so I have busted a few rocks from 1200 to almost 1500. Did self spotted follow ups for a couple of them and was pleased with the results. I am mainly waiting for my LRKM that should be coming along soon and will be back to the ELR shooting.

That said I will be setting up a new 29 1/2" barreled 338 EDGE in a week or so and it will be sporting a new ATACR for review. I promise to take lots of pics. I have already talked with Young_Gun about some help maybe with a video. I want to stretch this one to it's max so watch for the thread.

Jeff
Old 03-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Platinum Member

Jeff,

Is that going to be the 338 Lap Imp? If so, is that the first one Shawn has done, or if not, what kind of performance has he been getting with the chambering?

Jon

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 03-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Platinum Member

Oh yeah sweet.

I am hoping to sneak up on a rock or two next weekend and get back to the 1500 yard mark. I was not too pleased with my last outing at that distance. 1 moa group and not in the kill zone. grrrr Funny how 600 yards looks close now. I don't what is going to happen when I start shooting my bow again. Prolly start thinking 200 yards is doable.

You ELR guys are fun to watch.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmden View Post
Jeff,

Is that going to be the 338 Lap Imp? If so, is that the first one Shawn has done, or if not, what kind of performance has he been getting with the chambering?

Jon
My LRKM will be Shawn's design of a 338 LMAI and will be know as the .338 Terminator +P. I had to arm wrestle him to get him to do it. He won the wrestling match but felt so sorry for me afterwards he agreed to do some and add the +P.

So mine will be the first of this chambering and all we have is speculation at this point.

Jeff