Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR)

Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR) Over 1,000 Yds.

Top Rifle Builders of this site

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 08:10 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Top Rifle Builders of this site

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
Jeff,
Another up and comer is Grit (Lorenzo Young of Santaquin UT. -Deadly Precision something). He rebarrelled my 270 AM and did outstanding work. We'll be hearing a lot from him in the future.
Roy I agree with you about Grit. We have talked in PM's but I havent had the pleasure to see any of his work yet. I do have a small project he has a greed to do for me and I look forward to that.

Jeff
Old 06-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Platinum Member

Well, Jeff---As I sit here and have my several cups of morning coffee---------I am pondering on how I am going to afford one of these rigs............
Man, its always something. Guess I'll just have to pick up more beer cans.

Very nice post by the way. There is some talent here.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 06-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Gold Member

You could always resort to selling bodily fluids.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B23 View Post
You could always resort to selling bodily fluids.
I'm thinking a kidney might be worth it for one of Shawn, Kevin or Kirby's rifles
Old 06-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Platinum Member

Roy is officially responsible for ruining me forever, shooting the 375 AM that Kirby put together really was amazing for me. The thing that stood out for me other than the raw power was the way the whole package functioned, the balance, fit of the rifle combined with the components easily matching up with so much performance it seems like it's easy!
It would seem that so much performance and raw power would at least need some heavier control from the shooter but after a couple shots and getting things situated on the bag that big 375 AM would just roll back nice and easy and I could watch the bullet heading to target, it does not get better than that!!!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 06-11-2012, 11:41 AM
SPONSOR

Thanks to all of you for all the positive feedback. I think Kirby summed it up pretty well. We're all gun nuts that love what we do and are glad to have the business to do it every day. I opened my doors to the public in 2003 and started just part time while working at a Federal Prison (not as an inmate..lol) but it soon grew into more hours consumed than I imagined. 7 years later I left my Federal job with great benefits and retirement and build custom rifles full time because it's something I love to do each and every day. They say if you love what you do for a living you really never work a day in your life. Now almost into my 10th year I'm so busy it's almost overwhelming at times. I don't know Kirby or Shawn personally but know they are both excellent smiths and to be put in the same class as them makes me proud of what I've accomplished. Thanks again to all and also Broz who started this thread. May long range hunting live on forever. Now all we need is a reality show on true custom gunsmiths...lol

PS. Broz, Darryl Cassel says hello.

www.mcrifles.com
Old 06-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Gold Member

Broz, thanks for posting this thread. It is important to sometimes point out the great among us. Although Kirby will be the first to say that he shouldn't be considered as Great, his talent and the talent of these other smiths certainly fits that criteria. It's nice to hear this when it's not coming from someone trying to build HIS smith up against someone elses'. You are absolutely right, these boys know what they are doin'!!

Roy, That weather is the penance you pay by not coming to Great Falls to say Hi and enjoy a steak with me.

Broz, had to help with a shoot and pig roast my church put on Saturday, so sorry I missed yours and missed meeting Roy. Did he win that special prize? If not, maybe next time. LOL

Raptor Stalker by
Kirby Allen APS