Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR)

Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR) Over 1,000 Yds.

Test Driving The Defensive Edge LRMK 338 EDGE + P

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Test Driving The Defensive Edge LRMK 338 EDGE + P

i too have tucked in behind the Defensive Edge LRKM (May of 2012) at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM.

Nothing like getting hits at 2,000+ yards with ease.

One nice rifle!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Just seen this post. Ok I have to be different you know. Even after shooting the EDGE + P and sending 300 Bergers at 3135 fps. I asked Shawn to build me something off the 338 Lapua case with his + P design. So Shawn is deciding on case taper and shoulder angle, plus we are going to blow it out to something like an AI. I trust Shawn to come up with a totally awesome chambering off the LM case just like he did with the EDGE. I am stoked!!! The new found velocity of the Plus P will send those 300 Bergers with authority and with the way the Bergers expand better than anything I have ever shot long distance, combined with their unmatched accuracy at long distances I feel very good about some long distance elk whacking.

Jeff ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you think you will get a little more vel. with the Lapua case + P ? I know the brass is better. I have a338 AX . When i got the rifle i got 300 brass i shot 800 rounds an i am still yousing the first 100 brass. What vel. do you think you will get ? Thanks Joe
Old 09-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by new shooter View Post
Do you think you will get a little more vel. with the Lapua case + P ? I know the brass is better. I have a338 AX . When i got the rifle i got 300 brass i shot 800 rounds an i am still yousing the first 100 brass. What vel. do you think you will get ? Thanks Joe

Hi Joe, All indication are that it would produce a little more velocity. If nothing else from the strength of the brass. Since this will be a new chambering and case design with some of Shawn's own modifications, I really don't have a specific number in mind. Only time will tell this for sure. More so, I hope for low ES, case life and consistancy along with the good velocity. Can't wait to do the testing once it is completed.

Jeff
Old 09-29-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Hi Joe, All indication are that it would produce a little more velocity. If nothing else from the strength of the brass. Since this will be a new chambering and case design with some of Shawn's own modifications, I really don't have a specific number in mind. Only time will tell this for sure. More so, I hope for low ES, case life and consistancy along with the good velocity. Can't wait to do the testing once it is completed.

Jeff
Shawn is also working with a brass manufacturer to come up with 338 Edge brass to be as high quality as Lapua brass. That will be a great deal for all the 300 Rum brass shooters who neck to .338! Can't wait!
Old 09-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Gold Member

Quote:

Jeff
Thanks Jeff i will be whating to see. Also i just order a Vectronix plrf 05. I hope this will be the last rangefinder i have to by. The swarovski and Leica 1600 would not work all the time. But to much money in rangrfinder. I cant do this again.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Gold Member

I just got the call from Shawn that I need to send him a million dollars 'cause it'll be ready to ship next week

Yahoo!