close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR)

Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR) Over 1,000 Yds.

Reply

Terrapin PLRF05 or PLRF10

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #15  
Unread 05-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 268
Re: Terrapin PLRF05 or PLRF10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Carlock View Post
We have run the Terrapin side by side with the PLRF 10 and the Terrapin will do anything the 10 will and sometimes more. This was disappointing since you could own 2 Terrapins for what the PLRF10 cost. The 10 has some theoritical advantages over the Terrapin but in field use the Terrapin was every bit the RF that the PLRF 10 was. Like Broz said when we got ours the Terrapin wasn't available.
LMAO....I hate the bleeding edge sometimes!
I would like to see pics of your doubler setup Shawn?
Reply With Quote
  •   #16  
    Unread 05-03-2013, 06:12 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: Northeast
    Posts: 3,310
    Re: Terrapin PLRF05 or PLRF10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shawn Carlock View Post
    We have run the Terrapin side by side with the PLRF 10 and the Terrapin will do anything the 10 will and sometimes more. This was disappointing since you could own 2 Terrapins for what the PLRF10 cost. The 10 has some theoritical advantages over the Terrapin but in field use the Terrapin was every bit the RF that the PLRF 10 was. Like Broz said when we got ours the Terrapin wasn't available.
    I had heard that they were equivalent from posts on other sites when I purchased my Terrapin, but it's good to get confirmation from a familiar and knowledgeable source.
    __________________

    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
    Reply With Quote

      #17  
    Unread 05-03-2013, 04:41 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts: 364
    Re: Terrapin PLRF05 or PLRF10

    I got a PLRF10 a year or so ago after getting some advice, thanks BROZ

    It truely is a fantastic rangefinder.

    I discovered a small problem with it a couple of weeks ago though......I wanted to range & shoot past 3000 yards

    I couldn't range past 3000 yards but I could shoot that far

    So if you want to range past 3000 get the PLR05

    I never thought I would need to range past 3000 let alone try to shoot that far.

    Gotta love the big 375s
    Reply With Quote
      #18  
    Unread 05-04-2013, 02:34 AM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: May 2007
    Posts: 268
    Re: Terrapin PLRF05 or PLRF10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    I got a PLRF10 a year or so ago after getting some advice, thanks BROZ

    It truely is a fantastic rangefinder.

    I discovered a small problem with it a couple of weeks ago though......I wanted to range & shoot past 3000 yards

    I couldn't range past 3000 yards but I could shoot that far

    So if you want to range past 3000 get the PLR05

    I never thought I would need to range past 3000 let alone try to shoot that far.

    Gotta love the big 375s
    You shooting the 408CT/375 Greg??
    Reply With Quote
      #19  
    Unread 05-04-2013, 03:00 AM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts: 364
    Re: Terrapin PLRF05 or PLRF10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    You shooting the 408CT/375 Greg??
    Yep 375/408 CT imp called 375 DCM.
    Reply With Quote
      #20  
    Unread 05-04-2013, 03:29 AM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: May 2007
    Posts: 268
    Re: Terrapin PLRF05 or PLRF10

    Nice!
    Sick range and some serious hurt on the animal!
    Probably my next build.
    Reply With Quote
      #21  
    Unread 05-04-2013, 03:34 AM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts: 364
    Re: Terrapin PLRF05 or PLRF10

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Nice!
    Sick range and some serious hurt on the animal!
    Probably my next build.
    Here is a thread on it, I had little interest here so didn't bother to update it.

    375 DCM, 375/408imp

    I also have it's little brother the 338 DCM, 300 Berger EH at 3450 fps +

    I prefer the 375 though

    A few Vids here

    TerminatorProducts - YouTube
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search
    Display Modes



    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC