Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR)

Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR) Over 1,000 Yds.

spotting scope question

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 09:02 AM
Platinum Member

Re: spotting scope question

I agree with you. I have been thinking of upgrading my spotter but find it kinda hard to justify is the "juice worth the squeeze". I can get by with what i have, but after using an issued swaro and one at a buddy's house I am not satisfied. Ignorance is bliss. I also have priorities, at least my wife does. She took the kids on a vacation to Florida last month that could have been my new Swarovski...women!

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Silver Member

I know the exact spot i buried all my bausch & lomb and bushnell products on the farm i grew up on in north east pa. Once i got enough money to purchase my swarovski binos and spotting scopes
i could finally see clearly...there is just no way for me to put them all on the same line .for me and a ton of other people i know that shot all over the world there is no better glass than swarovski or s & b period.even in ****** weather they will always out perform others...just my side of the story and as you already said to each his own.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Gold Member

now be honest with us here extreme. i mean were all friends right?
did the better optics increase the distance of your longest pa kill?
because if they did your one of the very few.
lots of us have the tools to do that. but for some reason it just hasent happened.
maybe it has something to do with the taste of gravey.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Silver Member

Yobuck,
i am a honest gie ,i would like to think we are all friends. Having
said that ,i,am saying before i got better glass i did not take a lot of shots because i was limited on what i could see at longer distances
clearly. Our farm was 400 acres and farmers on both sides of ours were larger ,,so i was able to get out to 1000 yards very easy...

I will say this before i get crapped on ,,i was young then and just learning long range shooting mostly with kentucky windage but i did get very good at it and even better when i could see what i was shooting at clearer. So i guess my answer is yes it did help me.