Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR)

Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR) Over 1,000 Yds.

My New Defensive Edge LRKM

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Platinum Member

Re: My New Defensive Edge LRKM

Yeah... Jeff kept looking up at that white spot on the hill and mumbled something about 22 sumthin yds... then all of a sudden his rifle is pointed up that way... we kinda had to reorient the firing line... LOL

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 08-19-2013, 06:13 AM
Gold Member

Nice shooting Jeff, I would have loved seeing that shot. Wish I lived abut 1300 miles farther west. Will be in Wy. on the 13th for two weeks just a month to late,DANG.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Silver Member

That was some nice shooting, Jeff.

We had to "shift trails" in artillery lingo, to get on target.....lol.

Seems to me the Terminator was causing a lot more commotion at 2275 yards, than the Edge we were using at 2077? yards wringing out the ATACR.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:42 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine View Post
That was some nice shooting, Jeff.

We had to "shift trails" in artillery lingo, to get on target.....lol.

Seems to me the Terminator was causing a lot more commotion at 2275 yards, than the Edge we were using at 2077? yards wringing out the ATACR.
Yeah, there was a lot of commotion...all optics shifted left and the audience started gathering round

Sure would not have wanted to be a wolf or Taliban (same difference) on the receiving end

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 08-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Took the LRKM / 338 Terminator +P to the Townsend shoot last Saturday. I set up cold bore and put one shot in the 7" black circle at 1013 yards.

Then during the day I let 3 or 4 other shooter send a few to 1013. All hitting their targets.

All day I was eyeing a spot up in the elk horn mountains west of the range. Seems there was an exposed lime rock slide with a white rock placed where missed could be spotted. The 11" tall 14" wide rock was right there tempting me. I ranged it at 2272 yards and set up for the shot. Several other shooters gathered their spotters and got on the rock. First shot landed just right of the rock within 1/2 moa of a hit. Second shot hit the rock, 3rd went over and 4th was another hit. 2 out of 4 on basket ball sized target at 2272 was a good enough for me. I am very pleased with the Defensive Edge LRKM.

Jeff
Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout

Sweet shootin'!!

-The flexibility of your adaptability is the true measure of your intelligence-
Old 08-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Silver Member

Was just thinkin to myself that it'd be sweet to see some video or pics of those shots...

Then I realized: probly gonna be hard to see anything but fuzz at that ridiculous distance through some unbearably-pixelated 7.0MP camera on full zoom through a blurry spotting scope

That's an awesome long shot man!!!

-The flexibility of your adaptability is the true measure of your intelligence-
Old 08-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Bronze Member

That is some nice shooting Jeff

Just a little OT.

Speaking of using a cam through the spottingscope, I just made a small video on the subject. It is in Norwegian, but I can explain.

The rock is 2500 meters away. I first use the camera without the scope, and zoom in. The picture is not perfect, need to use manual focus.

Then I use the camera to film through a Bushnell 20-60x80/85, at 20x on the scope, and 10x on the camera. The picture is not too bad.

Then I zoom up the scope to 60x, and things get bad.

The mountain top is 3200 meters away. Looks pretty good, and would be easy to spot if shot at. 20x on scope and 15x on camera.