Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR)

Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR) Over 1,000 Yds.

My New Defensive Edge LRKM

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Platinum Member

Re: My New Defensive Edge LRKM

Very, very nice rifle Jeff! Two questions. 1. Is that a formed case in the picture? and 2. I thought you said you were going to put an Atlas on it instead of the harris, did you change plans ir is that an upgrade for the future?

I expect to see a "Hits at 3000 yards" thread by the end of next month.....

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 06-19-2013, 10:47 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
Very, very nice rifle Jeff! Two questions. 1. Is that a formed case in the picture? and 2. I thought you said you were going to put an Atlas on it instead of the harris, did you change plans ir is that an upgrade for the future?

I expect to see a "Hits at 3000 yards" thread by the end of next month.....
Yes, that case is formed in a test chamber and I think it was fired in the rifle too.

I want to try an atlas but decided to wait until I can crawl behind one in person before I pull the trigger. I am having a little issue with rail mount thing. I am afraid it may not be as stable as the cradle used in the Harris design. But that could be just in my head and I will see when I get the chance to look at one somewhere.

Jeff
Old 06-19-2013, 10:50 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Yes, that case is formed in a test chamber and I think it was fired in the rifle too.

I want to try an atlas but decided to wait until I can crawl behind one in person before I pull the trigger. I am having a little issue with rail mount thing. I am afraid it may not be as stable as the cradle used in the Harris design. But that could be just in my head and I will see when I get the chance to look at one somewhere.

Jeff
Got ya! You better compare the magnetospeed with your Oehler in this rifle too, can never have too much data!

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 06-19-2013, 10:51 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
Got ya! You better compare the magnetospeed with your Oehler in this rifle too, can never have too much data!
Yup, I plan to.

Jeff
Old 06-19-2013, 11:20 PM
Gold Member

Sweet. Jeff, I know you will be up late!!! Then up early. Can't wait for the reports to come in. Good Luck.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:14 AM
Platinum Member

Great looking rig Broz,
Looking forward to hearing of your success with it. I am sure there will be plenty.

Can you tell us about your scope/ring/rail set up. How much elevation travel do those NF ATACR scopes have. That's some handy dial up!
Old 06-20-2013, 03:30 AM
Silver Member

Very Very Nice Jeff

You must be very happy with it

I bet you get cranky with your PLRF10 now as I have

The ATACR is the problem with around 130 internal moa elevation

Looking forward to seeing how it goes, certainly plenty of room in the case for powder with the long throat, very nice.