Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR)

Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR) Over 1,000 Yds.

Looking for someone to teach me to shoot 1000 yds in Texas

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 10:51 AM

Re: Looking for someone to teach me to shoot 1000 yds in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga69 View Post
There will always be ethics debates, but it can be done. I dont want to bore you with the details of how it can be done, but check out this video and this is a place to start in my opinion if you are going to take people who may have never shot long distance but want to. This system will have the highest degree of sucess possible. Get in touch with Allen McKee at amckee@pjs.com. He can teach you to shoot that system at 1000 yards in minutes. They have a custom hunting rifle set up in a .300 win mag. also.

Tracking Point Demonstration - YouTube

I noticed in my post that "custom hunting rifle" is a link. That is not the gun. Just FYI
Old 10-14-2012, 02:22 PM

Very cool. They said it would not be ready until Jan 2013 so I got on their email list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga69 View Post
There will always be ethics debates, but it can be done. I dont want to bore you with the details of how it can be done, but check out this video and this is a place to start in my opinion if you are going to take people who may have never shot long distance but want to. This system will have the highest degree of sucess possible. Get in touch with Allen McKee at amckee@pjs.com. He can teach you to shoot that system at 1000 yards in minutes. They have a custom hunting rifle set up in a .300 win mag. also.

Tracking Point Demonstration - YouTube
Old 10-14-2012, 03:37 PM

The guys email I sent is one of the people trying to help them developed the civilian market. If you would like to shoot it, they are conducting demo shoots now. The next one is this Tuesday in Austin. It is an invitation event, I believe. They are taking orders and selling them now and the first guns are to be delivered in Feb. from what I heard, they have taken quite a few orders and the waits are building. What you intend on using it for is exactly what I am going to do with it. I shot it a couple of weeks ago and it is truly amazing. If you want to see it before January, get in touch with Allen, he can set it up.

His cell is 512-657-1525.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Bronze Member

Try Rifles only http://www.riflesonly.com/index.html

Good luck

Jerry

Jerry
Old 10-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Silver Member

Killing deer at 1000 is easy for the shooter. Whats hard is the guy who built the gun,developed the load,developed drop and wind data, and calls the data for the shot, etc etc etc. I can take a person from shooting a .22 into a 1000 yd shooter in one day if they can shoot a heavy gun on bags. If you have a static setup and someone to call data then the shooter is really nothing but a remote trigger pull. I have put a ton of people behind my guns on bags and they are all capable of killing something ELR BUT.....they better have a spotter. The spotter is the deadly one.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulhern View Post
BS Galore!!
30+ lb 338 on bags w/300 gr smk or bergers. not much bs. Only way to wound a tx whitey with that setup is if you blow a toe off . Solid body hit=dead. Yes even back of diaphragm or hindquarters. No animal with a 5 gallon bucket hole in it is goin far or living long.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Silver Member

Call Mike @ gunwerks, might work into something very productive for you as a ranch owner. Their system is easy to learn, and fun.
If you need more input private message me and we can talk.