Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR)

Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR) Over 1,000 Yds.

Found a Great Extreme Long Range Shooting Spot

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Silver Member

Re: Found a Great Extreme Long Range Shooting Spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
Wow lucky you, I would be so so happy if I could find a place like that with in 6 hours of my home.

Ditto! I'd call it heaven. A number of properties we once could shoot on are no longer available. Owners pass on and the heirs either sell, develop or simply tell us we no longer have permission.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Platinum Member

Sorry to hear about that guys, good luck in finding a good shooting spot. The shot will actually be at or real close to 1840 yards because we will have to get about 45-50 yards from the road to get a clear shot, we will be shooting east and the wind should ( i say that lightly 'cause you never know in ND) be blowing from the west at 8-12 mph so the wind shouldnt be too hard to deal with.

Muzzleloader season starts on friday and we just got permission to hunt some land where we saw a 155-160" gross whitetail buck.

Good luck to everyone going hunting this weekend!

Riley

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 11-28-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
Smoke Stick, Welcome to LRH! We are planning to shoot on saturday. Will let you know how it goes!
HI thank you very much . I' have been just starting to play at this I have been practicing in a river coulee my longest shot on a Mule deer to date is just over 500yrds .I have a Rem Sendero in 300ultra with a rifle basic trigger and a 6500bushnell scope and 185 bergers and a 223 with a Burris tactical scope to keep some of the practicing reasonably priced . But have come to the conclusion that I need a better range finder than the 1500arc I now own.As you may guess by my name I shoot BPCR Silhouette Here is a Pic of where I shoot here in southern Alberta we were shooting 1000 yrds at the rock which in the pic is a red dot just for fun we tried the 45-70 after the shot You could count One' Two'Three Hit had to wind the sight 3/4 of the way up LOL I hope you have a good day.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:00 PM
Platinum Member

Sweet, it looks like you got a great spot to shoot and a couple great Long range rigs. You could probably push it out even further by the looks of it.

At 1840 yards we need to dial 53.4 MOA and hold 10 MILS in the reticule LOL.

My longest kill is an antelope at 486 yards this year with a 338 Lapua and 280 grain Barnes LRX.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 11-29-2012, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
Ditto! I'd call it heaven. A number of properties we once could shoot on are no longer available. Owners pass on and the heirs either sell, develop or simply tell us we no longer have permission.
Makes me realize how lucky I am I could easily back it off to 2000+yrds the place is so vast
and I'm only 45min. from home I just love being out there away from the big City LOL 60000People
Old 12-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Gold Member

Rangrfinder issues. One word.

Vectronix.

Go to the "Long range scopes and other optics" fourm on this sight and look for "Post 2...Swaro Vs Vectronix" thread.

Sound like you found "the spot".

Have fun
Old 12-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Platinum Member

Looks like a great spot, it's way fun shooting that far and greatly improves you shooting closer. You can down load Range Card on a smart phone and it works great for ranging using GPS until you get a Vectronix!!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"