Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR)

Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR) Over 1,000 Yds.

3650 yards target nailed !!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Platinum Member

Re: 3650 yards target nailed !!!

Just don't tell the 7mm guys they can't shoot 2 miles and out pound the 375 CT or all hell will break loose

Sorry, just couldn't resist

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams

Last edited by MontanaRifleman; 09-10-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Platinum Member

Ouch...
Old 09-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme View Post
Watched that video 6 times and I believe Kirby is correct ..I only saw one hit and as stated on a 12 ft x12 ft target. Not much to brag about there...Kirby you need to put one of your units together and set up a 3 ft square target at that range and produce real world results..I believe you are 100 % correct on this one..
I am about 80% confident that not even one of my full tilt XHS in 338 AM could reach out to 2 miles with consistency as I would define it anyway. May have to start looking for a place to test this however.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 09-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
Just don't ell the 7mm guys they can't shoot 2 miles and out pound the 375 CT or all hell will break loose

Sorry, just couldn't resist
You can tell yourself you can do ANYTHING in this old world, only those that have true confidence actually try and are alright to fail. More importantly, being able to admit when we reach our limits is just as important as pushing our limits.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 09-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme View Post
..Kirby you need to put one of your units together and set up a 3 ft square target at that range and produce real world results...
Kirby,

You can use mine with 300gr sorted Bergers if you want. I have everything needed except the dies and brass...of course still waiting on the gun. I'm assuming it's about complete.

Only Caveats, I have to be there and 3K max. I'm not interested in 2 mile shots. I've been there and done that and beyond enough to know that's not what I'm looking for or need to experience.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Bronze Member

It has been my experience that certain bullets will hold precision (grouping) at sub sonic velocities better than others. It is not necessarily the one with the higher BC. So, if it were my goal to shoot 2 miles with precision, I would go at it with this in mind. I also haven't witnessed great precision from any bullet turned in a lathe. If you want it to group at 2 miles, it first has to group at 1 mile. As far as cheytac based cases are concerned, are they even capable of1/4 moa at any range?

Tom
Old 09-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMERSS View Post
Kirby,

You can use mine with 300gr sorted Bergers if you want. I have everything needed except the dies and brass...of course still waiting on the gun. I'm assuming it's about complete.

Only Caveats, I have to be there and 3K max. I'm not interested in 2 mile shots. I've been there and done that and beyond enough to know that's not what I'm looking for or need to experience.
I am hoping to have bullets in the air out of your rifle this week. So we will see what happens and maybe we can set something up to reach out 3K. The old place I tested several years ago is no longer available to me so would need to find a new spot.

Allen Precision Shooting

allenmagnum@gmail.com