Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR)

Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR) Over 1,000 Yds.

3650 yards target nailed !!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Platinum Member

3650 yards target nailed !!!

Dang!

Whittington U: ELR III - 2 Mile Engagement - YouTube

CheyTac USA, LLC

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:00 AM
Platinum Member

Re: 3650 yards target nailed !!!

Nothin' I like better than a challenge!

Next week I go a mile.

Then I think I upgrade to some solids to go beyond that.

Gonna be a fun ride.

If a 375 CT can do it, a 375 AM certainly will!

If that shooter can do it from that crooked position me things this old man has a chance
Old 09-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
Nothin' I like better than a challenge!

Next week I go a mile.

Then I think I upgrade to some solids to go beyond that.

Gonna be a fun ride.

If a 375 CT can do it, a 375 AM certainly will!

If that shooter can do it from that crooked position me things this old man has a chance
LL! Go for it Roy !!!

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Unless there is live, real time camera video of the hit actually happening, I would have to call BS!!!

Again, would have to see that to believe it because nothing they put on that video was proof of any hit at all.

To that point, they are shooting a target that is 12 FEET x 12 FEET!!!! And they SUPPOSEDLY got hits on the very edges of the target........ Lets see, you aim dead center on that target, that give you a 4 moa sized target to hit and they can barely get one on target, again with no actual real time proof of the hits.

Even if they hit the target OCCASIONALLY which is all it would be, its not precision shooting, as there is no consistency to the groups. barely hitting a 4 moa target is not what I call precision. Hell, even if they could consistently keep all shots on that 12 FOOT x 12 FOOT target at 3650 yards that would be inpressive but I would bet a sizable amount of cash that they would not be able to do that.

I guess this does not mean much to me. Getting lucky and HITTING a HUGE target at this range does not mean the rifle system is a 2 mile rifle. It means that consistency is gone but if you put enough rounds down range, you will get lucky, MAYBE!!!

Hell, a small 12 seat school bus does not have that much square footage on it from the side profile.

Sorry guys, have to call BS on this one. Not saying they did not hit it but it was not skill or precision at that range, it was flat out luck.

Bring on the hate if you will. Wonder how the boys over on the HIDE would react to this. In all honesty, they would probably all have wet spots in their pant but if you post a three shot group over there, they will BAN you!!!

Good for a giggle though.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 09-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
Wonder how the boys over on the HIDE would react to this. In all honesty, they would probably all have wet spots in their pant but if you post a three shot group over there, they will BAN you!!!

Good for a giggle though.
I almost didn't open this thread. But after Kirby sounded in, I did. Based on his Hide comment alone - it was worth it!
Old 09-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Gold Member

Certainly unique shooting anything to 2 miles or more. To each his own I guess. I preferred a 120mm for that range. It's a little too close for a 155 for the ooooohhhh factor. Again, to each his own.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMERSS View Post
Certainly unique shooting anything to 2 miles or more. To each his own I guess. I preferred a 120mm for that range. It's a little too close for a 155 for the ooooohhhh factor. Again, to each his own.
I have no problem pushing things to the limits and past even but do not come off as this is something they can do repeatedly and consistently, that is simply not what they are doing. They are throwing lead at a rifle and hoping the law of averages gets them one on target.

Now, were it a 1 or even 2 moa sized target, that would impress me more but one can hardly call 4 moa with a couple accidental hits, precision shooting. Simply not possible at that range with that combo. Nothing against Cheytac chamberings or equipment but they are making this look like someone can get one of these rifles and have 2 mile reach, just to be clear, THAT IS NOT what will happen.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com