Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR)

Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR) Over 1,000 Yds.

338NM action??

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Silver Member

Re: 338NM action??

Very nice action indeed, but as kirby said its not quite what im after. Thank u for the response!
"...I shoot big cartridges, not because I am ego bound, not because they are needed to kill big game when well placed shots are made, but when an error is made, they will get you out of trouble more often then a lesser round."

--Kirby Allen
Old 12-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Platinum Member

Both my Normas are Defiance Mod 27, .750 one piece fluted bolts. I could hit Defiance back door with my bow from my place.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:20 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6x6 View Post
Both my Normas are Defiance Mod 27, .750 one piece fluted bolts. I could hit Defiance back door with my bow from my place.
Hit them with an arrow and see if they will hook me up with a discount! I think ill be going with defiance on this build. As kirby recommended, the rebel seems like the right action for the job. Replacement bolts are under 500$ too which is a bit less than the BAT bolts we discussed earlier
"...I shoot big cartridges, not because I am ego bound, not because they are needed to kill big game when well placed shots are made, but when an error is made, they will get you out of trouble more often then a lesser round."

--Kirby Allen
Old 12-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootkittens View Post
Hit them with an arrow and see if they will hook me up with a discount! I think ill be going with defiance on this build. As kirby recommended, the rebel seems like the right action for the job. Replacement bolts are under 500$ too which is a bit less than the BAT bolts we discussed earlier
Their bolts are also true one piece bolts so impossible to get stronger then that. For the money, hard to beat. Not cheap but worth every penny!!!

I on the other hand CANNOT hit their back door with my bow!!! I would have to drive a few hours, then I could!!! Glen may not appreciate all the field tip holes in his back door though!! Especially if its close to lunch or break time!!!

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 12-17-2013, 08:43 PM
Silver Member

Pshhhht...hell i can barely find a gunsmith around here (within 2 hours anyway), id like to be able to hit a machinist's OR gunsmiths backdoor with a gun much less a bow :(

--Kirby Allen
Old 12-17-2013, 10:59 PM
Platinum Member

I got a bud just about to get his Defiance Norma together. Glenn made the employees a deal on a sweet 308 platform that they produced not to long ago. They are also doing Ar platforms.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:04 PM
Silver Member

Is your buddy going with a rebel or a deviant? If u dont mind me asking?

--Kirby Allen