Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR)

Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR) Over 1,000 Yds.

2000yd exploding targets

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 06:00 AM

2000yd exploding targets

Hi all,

I passed over an article that spoke of a long range shoot (USA) with targets rigged to dynamite.

I can't track it down now,

Has anyone got any hints for me? A link would be fantastic.

It looked like a great shoot.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:34 AM
Platinum Member

Re: 2000yd exploding targets

Try looking up Gateway Dynamite shoot, Gateway Colorado it's the only one I know of. Having been a couple of times I can highly recommend it. Great folks having a good time. Targets to 1000 yards. I'd go every time but it's a bit of a drive, but it looks like a lot farther for you! LOL
Old 05-15-2012, 09:52 AM

Thanks Mate,

Now I can show Aussies a great shoot.

Beats the hell out of steel.

Peter
Old 05-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Platinum Member

I hear your gun laws can be a bit restrictive, how accessible is dynamite for the average Australian citizen?
Old 05-15-2012, 06:39 PM

I'm not sure if our laws would allow it.

Even if they do allow there are always those that will protest and portray us as crazy rednecks, or worse.

Our gun laws are pretty tight. All require registration and "permission to aquire".

Pistols are very much restricted. You need to be an "active" club member. "Active" usually means one shoot per month.

Semi-autos and pump shotguns (but not pump rifles) are very difficult to get. That does not bother me much. Years back when I had a few semi autos they stayed locked up for the most part. I like my bolt actions.

New South Wales has just passed legislation restricting licensed gun owners ammo purchases. You can only buy ammo for the calibres you have registered.

The "thinking" behind this is to make it harder for owners of illegal guns to get ammo. Given that most illegal guns are standard calibres I can't see this having any effect at all.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:13 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzPete View Post
I'm not sure if our laws would allow it.

Even if they do allow there are always those that will protest and portray us as crazy rednecks, or worse.

Our gun laws are pretty tight. All require registration and "permission to aquire".

Pistols are very much restricted. You need to be an "active" club member. "Active" usually means one shoot per month.

Semi-autos and pump shotguns (but not pump rifles) are very difficult to get. That does not bother me much. Years back when I had a few semi autos they stayed locked up for the most part. I like my bolt actions.

New South Wales has just passed legislation restricting licensed gun owners ammo purchases. You can only buy ammo for the calibres you have registered.

The "thinking" behind this is to make it harder for owners of illegal guns to get ammo. Given that most illegal guns are standard calibres I can't see this having any effect at all.
Yeh a deal done with the Greenies (they are anti everything). Cant see it stopping the gang warfare thats going on around Sydney.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:04 PM

Restricting ammo sales to only registered calibers of the licensed shooter should stop all crime.

Imagine how impossible it will become for the baddies to get hold of .22, 9mm, ,223 and 12 guage.

All the exotic chamberings that illegally held guns typically come in.

No IQ test for politicians, unfortunately.