Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR)

Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR) Over 1,000 Yds.

1480 yd bull throgh the spotters eyes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Platinum Member

Re: 1480 yd bull throgh the spotters eyes

Thanks for the great write up and pics and congratulations! Very nice to see a well written article with good pics of a great long range shot/hunt. Nice job.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl

Old 01-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Silver Member

Good shooting but what if the other guys hunting the Elk had said No! It was their Elk. Glad they were agreeable. I can see where shooing long range like that, things could get touchie.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Silver Member

Great Story and great shot! What pack is that he is wearing?
Old 01-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Bronze Member

Thank you for all the great replies. It was kind of funny with the other two hunters. They didn't even know where the shot had came from, all they saw was the after math of the bull rolling down the hill. They told us they had cut his tracks and started following them cause it was the freshest thing they had seen all day. They didn't even know forsure that it was a bull, let alone a six point. They were worried that the meat was going to spoil so they started to process the bull and pack it up to the ridge line. They even donated their rope to us to tie off the meat to keep it from sliding down the mountain. They even offered to help us pack meat. If that doesn't say something about a person's character I don't know what does.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Bronze Member

We all use Eblerstock packs. That particular pack is one from their tactical line I believe. Eblerstock is the only way to go IMO. Plus they are made in Boise, Idaho(which is where I'm from) so I have to support local. I use the Just-One pack and Josh uses the Dragonfly.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnwhip View Post
Good shooting but what if the other guys hunting the Elk had said No! It was their Elk. Glad they were agreeable. I can see where shooing long range like that, things could get touchie.

SOOOOOOOOOO um were the other guys planning on putting THEIR tag on the elk??? around here if you have elk meat you better have a tag punched with it. I guess knowing those guys pushed the elk down made the sting of them messing up the case less.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:31 PM
Gold Member

Congrats! Great story and pictures, thanks. What did the guys say when you told them where you shot it from? I'd like to see the expression on their faces.