Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Wyoming Wolf Meeting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Wyoming Wolf Meeting

Btt for ease of finding a link to comment.
Ad per LTLR'S post in the long range shooting section.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 01-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks Winmag, The info is in post #9 on the second page of this thread. I support delisting of the grey wolf from the endangered and threatenned species act.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Silver Member

Submitted my message. Wish you guys in Wyoming the best.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Bronze Member

three points for the greenies. one: the montana and wyoming wolf has never been extinct, many of us has seen them over the years. 2: the canadian timber wolf is not a reintroduction as there have not been these types of wolves in our areas in any number. they are much bigger coming close to 200 pounds vs. under a 100 for a native wolf and much more agressive. i have 5 pics of 5 wolves taken out of the bob marshall this last year and they are all huge. standing on their hind legs their front legs would hang over our shoulders. they are much more frightening than bears and we have our share of grizzlies here. three: wolves are not grizzlies and pumas or even coyotes. they chase their game to death and often kill just to kill indiscriminately. their constant harassing keeps the game from mating, growing fat during summer, etc. the game has only one chance if a pack gets onto them. that is go to water or somewhere it is so dangerous that the wolf wont go. 20 years ago we saw triplets in the deer population very commonly. game wasnt worn looking or afraid adn twins were very common. we often saw 400 deer and many elk just off the highway in 60 miles or so. F&G introduced the wolf 25 years ago and didnt tell anyone. we found 3 in 1989 and confronted them on it. NOW we rarely see an elk. we saw 4 deer the other day going 50 miles. what game we do see is thin, worn out and ragged looking. wolves kill much more than the 50 or so deer a year they are supposed to and prevent the future generations from flourishing by keeping the game running and hiding instead of mating. we have a whole generation of kids now hunting that have never seen the herds of deer and elk that i have and the worst part is that they think this is normal.
good luck,
doc
Old 02-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Bronze Member

oh, by the way, Montana F&G isnt reporting the large wolves nor posting pictures of them. currently the largest according to them is "149". they also fudge on their arial reports. i have had a few friends with them up in their copters. they would spook a pack and we would report 8-9 and they would put in 1-2 in their books or say they werent wolves but dogs. i lived in alaska for 20 years and i can tell a wolf from a dog a LONG way off. they have been lying to us for over 25 years. when we confronted them about the 3 we saw in '89 they said that we were just seeing coyotes. then they announced the program the next year or so and said that they had introduced only 2 or so mating pairs. but they then said one of the females they had collared was now living with an uncollared male that they didnt know about. anyone see any BS here? that was '89. guess how much they lie now? oh, and the greenie and F&G statement about wolves not killing people--- royal BS. good luck and may God bless.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:10 AM
Gold Member

Long Time Long Ranger,

Is there anything else we can do to help you fellers out in the Tenth Circuit?

If WY don't get relief soon that crap will spread down to CO and meet the NEW crap that is to be released south of CO, or have they postponed the reintroduction in the south?

Good luck.