Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Wyoming Wolf Meeting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Wyoming Wolf Meeting

Sounds like the same undertone our meeting had. Our regional wolf people basically begged us to get behind the plan they had, it was not as aggressive as they needed but they though it was what they could get done which was better than nothing.

Did they mention how they are determining a "breeding pair" or pack, I found out in one of our meeting that how they define those terms can make a major impact!!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 11-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Platinum Member

Bigngreen, You are right. Not the best it can be considering sound management but the best we can hope for. There were some very angry anti groups represented that adamantly want no delisting and trying to attack the plan anywhere they could find a weak spot. Unfortunately we have got to understand wolves are now here to stay and nothing we can do about that. The key is how much wolf management can we get and keep the anti judge in Montana from shutting down the delisting process again. I have read the Wyoming management plan and I can tell you this is the best it can get. The anti groups were attacking it strongly that it allowed to aggesive an approach to wolf control within the management area and violently attacking the fact they can be hunted anytime in most of Wyoming.

Here is how everyone can help whether you are a resident or not. Go to www.regulations.gov. Enter keyword ID, FWS-R6-ES-2011-0039, then click submit comment. All you need to say is that you strongly support gray wolf delisting in the state of Wyoming and strongly feel that gray wolf management should be administered by the Wyoming Game and Fish Commission. Further I support the Wyoming Gray Wolf Management Plan.

Any simple statement showing support for delisting will help. We have got to get wolf management in the hands of the individual states where it belongs. You could add that you feel the wolf management plan is not aggressive enough to control wolf populations within the Wolf Trophy Game Management Area. Hunters have spent hundreds of millions of dollars in management and stocking programs to provide healthy big gmae populations in this and other areas. Moose and elk populations have been decimated within this area and many wildlife viewing and hunting opportunities have been lost which severely affects the economy in these areas.

We have untill January 13 to submit comments. We are working on a statement that can be uploaded from your computer to this website which would make it easy for everyone. I will keep everyone informed to that. We appreciate any help from hunters all over the country.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Time Long Ranger View Post
Bigngreen, You are right. Not the best it can be considering sound management but the best we can hope for. There were some very angry anti groups represented that adamantly want no delisting and trying to attack the plan anywhere they could find a weak spot. Unfortunately we have got to understand wolves are now here to stay and nothing we can do about that. The key is how much wolf management can we get and keep the anti judge in Montana from shutting down the delisting process again. I have read the Wyoming management plan and I can tell you this is the best it can get. The anti groups were attacking it strongly that it allowed to aggesive an approach to wolf control within the management area and violently attacking the fact they can be hunted anytime in most of Wyoming.

Here is how everyone can help whether you are a resident or not. Go to www.regulations.gov. Enter keyword ID, FWS-R6-ES-2011-0039, then click submit comment. All you need to say is that you strongly support gray wolf delisting in the state of Wyoming and strongly feel that gray wolf management should be administered by the Wyoming Game and Fish Commission. Further I support the Wyoming Gray Wolf Management Plan.

Any simple statement showing support for delisting will help. We have got to get wolf management in the hands of the individual states where it belongs. You could add that you feel the wolf management plan is not aggressive enough to control wolf populations within the Wolf Trophy Game Management Area. Hunters have spent hundreds of millions of dollars in management and stocking programs to provide healthy big gmae populations in this and other areas. Moose and elk populations have been decimated within this area and many wildlife viewing and hunting opportunities have been lost which severely affects the economy in these areas.

We have untill January 13 to submit comments. We are working on a statement that can be uploaded from your computer to this website which would make it easy for everyone. I will keep everyone informed to that. We appreciate any help from hunters all over the country.
Just finished submitting my opinion. I am not from WY but every voice counts here and I would encourage everyone here to get on board with this.

For those that aren't paying attention, there is a concerted effort right now to re-introduce the Mexican wolf into areas of New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, and Utah. Folks this battle is going to affect everyone if we don't get on top of it soon. This is not a battle but a war and our opponents are ready for the long haul.

LTLR, I realize this meeting wasn't advertised but I am curious how outnumbered you were by green weenies? I am sure the ratio was ugly! We have got to get involved guys!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Platinum Member

Scot, I am glad you brought that up. I was very dissapointed the hunting community did not turn out for this. Some members of the cattleman's association were there but hardly any hunters. But the anti's were well represented with prepared statements that showed they were well informed well ahead of the meeting. So why did all the greenies know well ahead and no hunters showed up? Maybe that is why we have been losing this battle for 15 years and during that time lost a good portion of our hunting opportunities in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. I assure you all animal rights groups have a prepared document to be uploaded by their millions of members who will never be in the backcountry of these states. Please, we have got to speak up on this and let our voices be heard. Comment for delisting and Wyoming management.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Platinum Member

Done, I just submitted my comments on the issue, thanks LTLR for the heads up. Up until now I thought I was on top of this issue, but I knew nothing about this meeting...
Old 11-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Silver Member

Comments submitted.
Good luck Wy
Old 11-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Gold Member

Comments submitted. Thanks L.T.L.R. for the link.
Good luck Wy & ADJ. States.