Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Wolves gone wild.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Wolves gone wild.

Quite frankly I have had such a hard time getting info from the NRA regarding their position, and activities regarding the wolf, I mailed my renewal back with a letter stating if they want me as a member I need a response.
My internet skills aren't that good, and if someone can point out how I can get info from the NRA regarding their activities, and plans, regarding the wolf I'd truly love to have it.
I just went online, and came away with a story from Wisconsin, (last couple of days) that says the while the NRA supports hunting wolves, it DECLINED to say whether or not they have contacted any of the 19 state representatives regarding pending legislation. Come on really, it's a secret who they spoke with.
How some of the new groups will play out remains to be seen. If all BGF or SWF accomplish is pushing the NRA, RMEF, etc. out of their lethargy count me in.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Platinum Member

HARPERC---Go onto their website at www.nrahuntersrights.org and then go over to the lower left and there is a search category. Click on "Wolf Management"and it has so many articles it would take you the rest of the year to read them all. The easiest and quickest one to read for their basic stance would be to scroll down and click on "NRA Backs Congressional Action On Wolf Delisting". I hope that helps you a little bit. Now pay your dues and stay with us in our fights, LOL!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARPERC View Post
Quite frankly I have had such a hard time getting info from the NRA regarding their position, and activities regarding the wolf, I mailed my renewal back with a letter stating if they want me as a member I need a response.
My internet skills aren't that good, and if someone can point out how I can get info from the NRA regarding their activities, and plans, regarding the wolf I'd truly love to have it.
I just went online, and came away with a story from Wisconsin, (last couple of days) that says the while the NRA supports hunting wolves, it DECLINED to say whether or not they have contacted any of the 19 state representatives regarding pending legislation. Come on really, it's a secret who they spoke with.
How some of the new groups will play out remains to be seen. If all BGF or SWF accomplish is pushing the NRA, RMEF, etc. out of their lethargy count me in.
NRA Backs Congressional Action on Wolf Delisting - NRAHuntersrights.org, NRA

Regulated hunting may not be enough, but it is a step in the right direction. Sure took some digging and help from Topgun to find this...

I still wish I had a clearer picture of what transpired between SFW/BGF and the NRA, SFI, etc. Have spent some time digging and have not found the 'smoking gun' IMHO. I usually don't have too much trouble finding stuff like this. Maybe I'm having an off day. There are quite a few perspectives out there, clearly, however knowing what actually transpired (would like to see the actual letter) would be helpful in judging which of these organizations to support. I would be very unpleased with clear dishonest behavior on the part of any of these organizations. No organization is perfect--far from it.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 02-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Platinum Member

jmden---Thanks! I intentionally didn't put an easy link up like you did so HARPERC could get a little practice looking up stuff for himself!!! If I have time tomorrow, I'll see if I can dig up a couple of the main things we're talking about to help you out, but I'll stick by my comments about SFW and BGF! Just the backdoor, under the table BS that SFW tried to pull in AZ last month and got caught at sealed the deal for me. You are probably not aware of what I'm talking about, so here is a quick explanation. Last month a deal almost went down in the AZ Legislature under an emergency type scenario that would have allowed one qualifying organization to get 100s of game tags from the F&G to sell at auction like they do at the EXPO next week in Utah and there was no accountability for where the money earned would go in the Bill. Guess who the only qualifying organization turned out to be and who was behind it. Answer---SFW and one legislator they had in their pocket. There was such a stink raised when several guys found out about the Bill and got the word out in time that it was pulled by the legislator (Rep. Weiers). The hunters that got it withdrawn are vowing to see that he is defeated if he runs for reelection after trying to pull an under the table back room deal without making it public knowledge or allowing comment. It went completely against the North America Model (NMA) philosophy of how game animals should be handled for all members of the populace and SFW will suffer greatly for it because it would have only allowed people of means to buy those tags that go for top dollar!.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
jmden---Thanks! I intentionally didn't put an easy link up like you did so HARPERC could get a little practice looking up stuff for himself!!! If I have time tomorrow, I'll see if I can dig up a couple of the main things we're talking about to help you out, but I'll stick by my comments about SFW and BGF! Just the backdoor, under the table BS that SFW tried to pull in AZ last month and got caught at sealed the deal for me. You are probably not aware of what I'm talking about, so here is a quick explanation. Last month a deal almost went down in the AZ Legislature under an emergency type scenario that would have allowed one qualifying organization to get 100s of game tags from the F&G to sell at auction like they do at the EXPO next week in Utah and there was no accountability for where the money earned would go in the Bill. Guess who the only qualifying organization turned out to be and who was behind it. Answer---SFW and one legislator they had in their pocket. There was such a stink raised when several guys found out about the Bill and got the word out in time that it was pulled by the legislator (Rep. Weiers). The hunters that got it withdrawn are vowing to see that he is defeated if he runs for reelection after trying to pull an under the table back room deal without making it public knowledge or allowing comment. It went completely against the North America Model (NMA) philosophy of how game animals should be handled for all members of the populace and SFW will suffer greatly for it because it would have only allowed people of means to buy those tags that go for top dollar!.
Good grief. These organizations will KILL themselves with foolishness like that. Reminds me of a verse from the bible: "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils." 1 Timothy 6: 10.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 02-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Platinum Member

Gray Wolf News Reports Attacks Videos Pictures Predation Recovery Wolves

Looks like it might be another good site to gather info from...

Old 02-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Platinum Member

"Good grief. These organizations will KILL themselves with foolishness like that."

I hope they do and we can get on with honest people that fight for us instead of against us. Have a good evening, as I'm heading for bed!!!