Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Wolves gone wild.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Wolves gone wild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
All you need to do is read the multi page options they are considering that is in the link. The one sentence in Plan c states that they may look at a wolf introduction, but nothing will be finalized until 2014 at the earliest. Therefore , they would have to come up with an actual proposal and then have that open for further comments under fed requirements. Do like I did and register your thoughts against any wolf introduction during the comment period that's open until 2/25. When you do please use common sense and do it in a civil manner stating your reasons. For BGF to come out saying the wolves are going to be placed into the Baca this year like they did in that email is just plain false and the way they and SFW operate.
If BGF and SFW are 'hyping' the situation too much, it will come back to bite them in terms of credibility. I'm curious where BGF gets the 2012.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 02-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Platinum Member

The earliest it could possibly happen is December 2012.
It's an election year boys and there's one guy in a white house that doesn't need to PO anymore people.

If he is still their in 2013, "wolf on"
Old 02-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Bronze Member

This proposal is very typical of how the federal agencies try and manipulate public input and opinion. They bundle different "options" in different options that they take comment on. The option with the wolf is bundled with other options that could appeal to non hunters, thereby garnering more positive comments. We can't pick and choose what we favor, only have their options to choose from.

The Forest Service and BLM used this same approach to their roadless plan and what options the public could choose/comment on. I will be writing my Congressman (who also represents Alamosa) with my comments on the wolf issue. I urger everyone to do the same. I will also be sending the letter to the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commisioners.

Last edited by Colorado Cowboy; 02-02-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Platinum Member

I don't disagree with you at all, but you also need to comment directly to the USFWS using civil language during the comment period too. If you guys didn't follow the antics of the BFG and SFW on the northern wolf delisting in Montana and Idaho, here is the scoop. They fought behind closed doors to kill the rider that was finally passed in Congress and allowed the delisting of the wolf under the ESA guidelines, which has now allowed hunting up there to try and reduce the wolf numbers. Then when the rider went through and wolves were delisted they both came out and took credit for getting it done when, in actuality, they fought against it. The RMEF and NRA even put out statements in writing that the groups should not be trusted any longer when they (the NRA and RMEF) were wrongly listed in a letter by BGF/SFW as being in the same camp. It got pretty nasty! Haven't you guys been keeping up on all that? Now they are doing the same thing crying wolf on this Baca Refuge plan and will want lots of money coming into their coffers to supposedly fight for hunters when they don't have any transparency as to where the money they receive goes.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
I don't disagree with you at all, other than you also need to commnet directly and civilly to the USFWS during the comment period too. If you guys didn't follow the antics of the BFG and SFW on the northern wolf delisting in Montana and Idaho, here is the scoop. They fought behind closed doors to kill the rider that was finally passed in Congress and allowed the delisting of the wolf under the ESA guidelines, which has now allowed hunting up there to try and reduce the wolf numbers. Then when the rider went thorugh and wolves were delisted they both came out and took credit for getting it doen when, in actuality they fought against it. The RMEF and NRA even put out statements in writing that the groups should not be truted any longer when they were wrongly listed in a letter by BGF/SFW as being in the same camp. haven't you guys been keeping up on all that? Now they are doing the same thing and it's surely only to get more money into their coffers.
Topgun,

Find those statements and show me! I want to see that with my own eyes. Give us the links to support what you are saying. Apparently I missed that exchange you mention above and want to make sure I know as best I can what is actually taking place.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 02-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmden View Post
Topgun,

Find those statements and show me! I want to see that with my own eyes. Give us the links to support what you are saying. Apparently I missed that exchange you mention above and want to make sure I know as best I can what is actually taking place.
This is all I've found so far. No specifics yet on exactly what was said:

From the NRA: NRA, SCI and CSF Disavow Misleading Press Release - NRAHuntersrights.org, NRA

From BGF in response: Big Game Forever Responds to NRA, SCI, CSF Release : The Outdoor Wire

Still not sure what the heart of the issue really is.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Platinum Member

Sorry I mistakenly stated the RMEF in my post, as there are just too many darned organizations to try and keep track of! What you have posted is what I was referring to. Those organizations, especially the NRA, are some of the biggest ones representing and supporting the hunting/shooting sports while the SFW and BGF are small little operations trying to gain momentum any way they can. If you will notice in the response that they gave, they did not deny what was put out, but only that somebody screwed up and put it out on the internet for the world to see and read what they were really up to. I would think that alone should ring a bell and tell you they are not on the up and up. I don't have time to do all that work for you, as I spent hours going through all kinds of documents, memos, etc., that were circulating on the net when the wolf debacle was taking place up in Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming. The stuff is all there if you have the time to look it up, just like you did the letter I mentioned and was accurate on.