Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Wolves gone wild.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Silver Member

Re: Wolves gone wild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
There were bleached bones everywhere that he said were from wolf kills. We saw wolves almost every day.

Now there is talk of a new introduction of Mexican Wolves in the Colorado Plateau, whice encompasses the 4 Corners area where I live and hunt a lot.

This is just madness!
Bleached bones like this? These are wolf kills from around Yellowstone.....
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Wolves gone wild.-wolf-kills.jpg  
Old 01-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by szeitner View Post
That is why every hunter, fisherman and the such should be against the wolf.
It's not all about the wolf as it is the government screwing things up and ramming in eco-projects with one sided facts.

Unfortunatly there will be wolves in CO and the once great elk state, will be in the same boat. Disapoints me that all future generations will have to look at herds of wild game in picture books. My boys will never understand why there dad took trips out west every year.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by szeitner View Post

Wow- thats incredible. Now imagine how many more calves that were eaten that never had the opportunity to grow into a big bull. We are falling down that slippery slope to no return.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Bronze Member

Found 2 like those and lots of legs, pevic and back bones. Don't anyone ever doubt the toll they are taking, thats whey you don't see many elk, deer & moose in the park anymore, just bison!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Platinum Member

Below one I found in Yellowstone early August 2010. The rest of the bones were nearby

In 2007 and 2009 we hunted not too far north of Yellowstone. Our hunts were similar to what CO Cowboy mentions - rare elk, and small ones if you found them. Saw wolves in 2007 but not 2009. The guides would tell stories of how many elk they used to see just 10 years ago.

Hunting in parts of MT/ID/WY is nothing like what it was even 10 years ago.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Wolves gone wild.-elk-kill.jpg  
Old 01-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Gold Member

Canada wolves were put here to wipe out game, they have in many states, outfitters are going out of business, there are places with no animals left and the wolves move on.

They sport kill, they are not what was here before. In Alberta where I killed my wolf you could buy a tag for $40 and shoot as many as you want, just like coyotes here.

If they introduce the Mexican wolf to CO then the last western state with with Elk, Mule Deer, and Antelope, I cant believe people are so stupid that they think this is a good idea................Damn if you dont want to ever hunt again then support the wolf......I know people that live there and Ive seen the damage..........most people who are in support of wolves have no clue what they are talking about., They just spout the liberal view on wolves................Go to Idaho and look for elk.....very hard to do.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Bronze Member

Are any of you guys calling or better yet writing your congressman, senators, governors or FWS people? An organized writing or calling campaign will get results of enough people participate. As with any politician its all about numbers.

All the politicians did to get you in this position was oil the hinge that squeaked the loudest. I know for a fact there are more hunters than tree huggers it's just that the huggers do the loudest squeaking. As a rancher/farmer/hunter I too probably would have sit on my ass and have thought no one would be stupid enough to do something this ignorant so there would not be any reason to raise my voice. I've done it before but since then I have had experience squeaking and with an organized effort you can achieve results.

I don't have a wolf problem and I don't hunt elk, deer or moose but reading these posts I recognize that you guys are not stupid or blind and can see what is happening. If I can see this I know that someone else can see it too that has the power to change what's happening to your game. Armed with REAL FACTS, DATA and PICTURES to beat you political people over the head with will make a difference especially if you mention money. I'll bet you not a single elk or deer hunter wants wolves where they hunt and if you can get $5.00 from 75% of them to fight this you will win. Remember "Money talks and bull $hit walks".

My heart really goes out to you guys. I'll donate $5.00 to start it off if someone starts an organization. There's plenty of people that post here that are more that capable of doing this.