Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Wolves gone wild.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 06:10 AM
Gold Member

Wolves gone wild.

I know plenty of people in Michigans UP who are at the ends of there patences, the test of bringing wolves into Northern Michigan has turned into a mess.
One of the guys told me he would set on his back porch and see 30 deer a day and now he is lucky to see one in a month.
He would shoot a nice buck every year, he has not seen a deer during deer season in 5 years.if they set out apples the wolves would catch them on the way to his trees.
he has Apple trees and the apples just rot on the ground.
There are many people with the same opinion from Northern Michigan.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:56 AM
Silver Member

Re: Wolves gone wild.

Much of the same here in Montana. Elk and moose have dropped significantly in the west, and as the wolves move east, I fear our deer and antelope are going to face a sudden demise as well.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:09 AM
Bronze Member

Thinkin if a guy is sittin on his back porch and seein 30 deer there are to many deer. They probably ate themselves out of house and home. I hunt in northeastern Minnesota and we are wolf central and yet we got 9 deer for 5 guys, and could have shot many more. Now don't go and call me a wolf lover I am neutral on the subject. I think we can't let them get out of control as they probably are in some areas. I also think we are not the ones to decide to wipe a species off the face of the earth as we have done to many times already. Try checking your deer habitat, elk habitat, etc and make a sound decision made on facts, not emotions. The animal rights activists do the emotional thing to well. They have blocked the wolf being delisted a couple times in Minnesota already. Now it looks like it will be delisted again and hopefully the fish and wildlife service have their ducks in a row this time and it will stay off the endangered list.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamphunter View Post
Thinkin if a guy is sittin on his back porch and seein 30 deer there are to many deer.

That's twice!
Old 12-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
That's twice!
Oh no,Roy has given me the.... "twice" this forum is to much, you all sound like a bunch of bloodthirsty barbarians. Get a grip dude
Old 12-27-2011, 11:39 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Oh no,Roy has given me the.... "twice" this forum is to much, you all sound like a bunch of bloodthirsty barbarians. Get a grip dude
are you kidding? first of all 30 deer from your back porch is not too many... he said his apples rot on the ground now... sounds to me like they arent going hungry. Your wolf loving liberal ideals are not going to be well recieved by most on here and by NONE of us in the states surrounding Yellowstone park where the wolves were re introduced a decade ago. I have personally seen our elk herd deminish significantly and they now reside in the bad lands because the wolves have pushed them down and out of the mountains. Maybe we are blood thirsty barbarrians... I dont really see that as a bad thing. I love to kill and eat, whats the problem?

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 12-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I meant what I implied!

Consider your face glove slapped.

Next time you head to Yellowstone, come across I-80 (vs I-90) there's a convenient spud cellar along I-15 we can go behind and settle this thing!

Tools of your choice.

Len, I apologize.

I'll be quiet now.