Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Wolf bounty... maybe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Gold Member

Re: Wolf bounty... maybe

We can only hope that the tide changes before it's too late. For guys like 6x6 and myself in the NW, it may be too late to see herds get back to the numbers we saw as kids. I'm lucky to have family that ranch in the SE part of MT. They've got a ton of land with a ton of elk and deer, and no friggin wolves! But most folks around here aren't that lucky.

I think it's time for all of us to start predator hunting WAY more often. I'm even going to take the state Predator Control test, and get my certification. I'm not sure what good it'll do, but at least I'll be certified to do what I'd be doing anyway. Who knows, maybe people will be more apt to let a "State Certified" guy hunt their land (plus I might be able to use my gun habit as a tax write-off)

Cody
Old 03-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Gold Member

Re: Wolf bounty... maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster740 View Post
We can only hope for this. I saw another one today while coyote hunting, damn muts! There are packs in the Shields Velley that they will not even acknowledge!
I hate em!
If they won't acknowledge them, then they can't fine you for shooting them... can they? You can't shoot what isn't there... right...