Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Why do so many people hate on wolves?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Gold Member

Re: Why do so many people hate on wolves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Duerr View Post
Come on guys you know that our Government is only thinking about whats best for all of us.
^^^ god I sure hope your joking!!^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Duerr View Post
Besides is dangerous saying anything about this administration you realize you could afend someone or be called a racist for saying anyting at all about President Obama.
^^^^barack hussein obama....^^^^ President would mean he is trying to do what's best for the country not trying to destroy it...

Riley: "Biggest fail of 2014 so far..."
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...72/index4.html
Old 08-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Gold Member

IF you guys like We Nevadan's would gladly send you 10,000 wild Horses. They have total Federal Protection. If they are in your yard eating your wifes rose bushes and you run them off, be carefuly the local EPA will be knocing on your door.

Not to mention that if you find yourself out in the Desert and a Stalion who feels your a threat to his mares comes for you ..............you do not have the right to defend yourself.

I would imagine that in wolf country you do have to right to defend yourself........................

I will trade you for that right.

G
Old 08-14-2013, 12:17 AM
Bronze Member

Greg: You remind me of all the wild horses I rounded up in New Mexico. The wild cattle we could take to the local livestock auction, up in Ruidoso. No one paid an attention to cows. The horses I took down to auctions in Texas to stay away from the enviromental crowd. No, BLM and EPA were not involved, we just handled it quitely and got rid of all them mean stallions. I ended up shooting more than a few too. Shoot the Stallion and the lead Mare is easy to turn and guide where you want the herd to go.
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:20 AM
Gold Member

So why do I remind you of all those wild horses?

I've shot a few but only when the Stalion came for me and my boys, when they were younger. I always carry three slug loads for my Shotgun when Im out Chukar hunting, just in case. Protection or not I will defend myself and the BLM or the Wild Horse Protection Groups can Arrest me it they want. I'd rather be in Jail that in a hospital bed.

G
Old 08-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmuley View Post
I'm in the Bitterroot. We have a few wolves here. Sorry you have a loss of income. As I said, I don't care for wolves either. My point is that all the bogus info going around is doing no good. Wolves are here to stay. That is a fact. Another fact is they haven't killed every elk on Earth. And most guys that bitch and moan about them know nothing about wolves, and don't attempt to hunt any. Hunt them, not poach them. I hear all the time guys saying "I'll kill every one I see anytime." Go ahead. For me the risk is too great, and it won't help a damn thing anyway. mtmuley
mtmuley,

Here are some facts with reference... the stats are from FWP

The Northern Yellowstone Elk herd has steadily declined from over 19,000 from before the introduction of wolves to less than 4000 at present. That is over an 80% drop in the population of that herd. Let me repeat that... more than 80% reduction.

One wolf kills about 20 elk per year. There are about 20 wolves currently in the NYEH area with less than 4000 elk remaining. More concerning is that at last count, there were only 11 calves per 100 cows last year. That is scary and a travesty!

In 10 years there will be almost no elk left in that herd. There are numerous other herds in the Rocky Mountain region that are suffering similar fates and the wolves are moving out in all directions to the Dakotas, New Mexico, Utah, Oregon and Washington.

I live near the Park and visit it fairly often especially in the winter. I have SEEN the steady decline of elk over the years. It is outrageous! When the elk and bison are gone, their precious wolves will be gone too.

I have other things to say regarding wildlife management by the Feds, especially in the Park, but will save that for another day.

Wolves may or may not be here to stay but I will never roll over and accept it. I will voice my opinion and the facts and fight it the rest of my days. A good way of life is systematically be destroyed.

It is time the states took back their states rights and lands. YNP, National Forests, BLM lands belongs to Wyoming, Idaho and Montana and other states and not to the federal govt. These lands are within our borders and belong to us and we are best suited for managing the resources within.

Northern Yellowstone elk population continues to drop

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 08-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Gold Member

Mark

That's were our freedom lies. Our Constitution was based on states rights, thats really what the cival war was fought over.
I live in Nevada and Nevada is over 85% Federal land. Right now the Nevada Dept of Wildlife's policies are that there are no wolves in Nevada and if and when you see a large wolf like creature its really an over grown Coyote. There have been several sightings in the Santa Rosa Range of Nevada. Ranchers are loosing cattle and the few Elk that live in the area are now being taken. Once the facts come out that wolves now inhabit Nevada the same people that support wild horses will jump on the wolf band wagon. The only good thing is that the vast populations of horses in Nevada will become wolf food.
As hunters we are totally out numbered there will always be strong holds especially in rural areas of our states but the voter base is in cities. Our Constitution was once set up to support the minority but now its all about the majority.

We all need to stick together.

Greg
Old 08-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Platinum Member

Greg,

The Civil War was mostly about states rights. Unfortunately, the rebelling states denied the individual rights of blacks contrary to the Declaration of Independence declaration that all men are created equal. But that's another topic.

The wild horse situation is another pile of crap deal. If I lived in Nevada I might be doing a lot of terminal ballistic testing on those equines. But I suppose the Feds would unleash their investigators and SWAT teams to put me in check right quick. Not like they don't have a lot of other things on the plate like illegal aliens, out of control drug running, urban gangs, serial killers and rapist, etc. I'm sure If I went out off'd a few horses I would go right to the top of their most wanted list. If there are any fed agents out there reading this... think about it... are you proud of this?

The fed govt is out of control and the old chrony republicans are as much a part of it as the dems. We need to get someone like Rand Paul in the White House ASAP. We need to start telling our governors and state legislators to tell the feds to take a long hike back to DC. In the 60's, blacks (a minority) used civil disobedience and it eventually worked. Maybe it's time for more of that.

I remember a wolf free Montana... those days are gone... how sad and tragic

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams