Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Why do so many people hate on wolves?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Why do so many people hate on wolves?

Google Lolo zone elk population in Idaho. Decimated that herd. 60% reduction.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Bronze Member

Watch the slide show on saveelk.com. It pretty much sums it up. I have a friend that lost 30 of 33 sheep in one night. In that same area we used to see 30-40 deer on an evening drive. now we are lucky to seen any.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Platinum Member

See a wolf... what would you do?

Wolf kill pics.... Trophy Bull Elk.....

Wolves gone wild.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 05-12-2013, 10:50 PM
Gold Member

Ive heard that they are taking the wolf off of the Endangered list and there is a huge outcry from the city folks that just want to know that they are alive and well up in the area where you live. Ive talked to them and that is there view. I always tell them that Idaho and Montana would love to ship you 4 or 500 so you can enjoy knowing that they are prowling around in your neck of the woods. Nevada would love to ship you 3 or 4 thousand wild horses to...................then you can wake up in ther morning with your trees and lawn gone..................enjoy.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:24 AM
Platinum Member

The wolf to me symbolizes a government out of control. From the beginning of transplantation, wolves already existed in the transplant zone. Introducing these non-native wolves was illegal. The agreed upon numbers of where the population would be capped was passed years ago many times over. I believe the wolf is being used against rural populations much like the extermination of the buffalo was used against the Indians, with the goal of forcing people to the urban centers (reservations) to survive. The wolf has accomplished what could not happen by other means. Public land is less usable, road closures, public grazing, logging, mining, recreation, and hunting are hard pressed to continue. The elimination of hunting feeds into the gun control folks hand very nicely. Perjury, fraud, misappropriation of funds, coercion, and very likely bribes placed to allow this travesty to happen. The outcome of this transplantation was known to biologist worldwide long before the first Canadian wolf was boxed for travel.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:59 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harperc View Post
the wolf to me symbolizes a government out of control. From the beginning of transplantation, wolves already existed in the transplant zone. Introducing these non-native wolves was illegal. The agreed upon numbers of where the population would be capped was passed years ago many times over. I believe the wolf is being used against rural populations much like the extermination of the buffalo was used against the indians, with the goal of forcing people to the urban centers (reservations) to survive. The wolf has accomplished what could not happen by other means. Public land is less usable, road closures, public grazing, logging, mining, recreation, and hunting are hard pressed to continue. The elimination of hunting feeds into the gun control folks hand very nicely. Perjury, fraud, misappropriation of funds, coercion, and very likely bribes placed to allow this travesty to happen. The outcome of this transplantation was known to biologist worldwide long before the first canadian wolf was boxed for travel.
amen!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threejones View Post
Plus one more on both. I've hunted all over NW MT my whole life, and would like to take my kids soon as well. But as wolves arrive, game numbers drop like a stone. The wolf lovers all claim that the game species existed along side the wolf for thousands of years, and thus, it's supposed to be just as it was a few hundred years ago. The hole in this theory is that the game species now have never seen a wolf, and no longer have the skills/knowledge to deal with a new apex predator.

Wolves will take other predators kills as well (or just run them off the kill), this forces other apex predators to kill more often. We've seen a lot of strange behavior from lions and bears that are damn near starved. Healthy but hungry lions have even been found hanging out in barns, or on peoples decks eating their dogs and cats. There was a pic on here somewhere awhile back of a big tom that a guy found in his barn that didn't even run off when the guy came into the barn.

I've heard from some local outfitters that brown and grizzly bear cubs are becoming few and far between too. I haven't heard any hard facts that prove wolves are the cause of this. But the only change in the environment is the addition of the wolf, so as long as 1+1 is still 2... you get where I'm going with this.

Another big reason we hate em so much is that FWP ties our hands in regards to keeping them under control. They admit that the population is over what they call "sustainable" but won't increase bag limits or extend hunting/trapping seasons long enough to keep the numbers at what they call reasonable levels. So every year the population of wolves grows even farther beyond what it's supposed to be, yet control measures don't increase to even close to what they need to be. WY and ID are starting to make a little progress, but MT is still WAY behind the curve.

Sorry to be so long winded, but I just had a nice... We'll call it a "discussion" with a Sierra Club dumb-ass in the parking lot at the local FWP office, over the "smoke a pack a day" sticker on my pickup, and I'm still a little hot about it.

Sierra Club? They have a club? I use their bullets all the time!!