Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Why do so many people hate on wolves?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 10:09 PM
Silver Member

Re: Why do so many people hate on wolves?

For the record I truly hate wolves about as bad as anyone could. I do my part as far as I am legally able, to help remove these animals by death.
The agenda, and policies that protect this invasive species, is unbelievable. How can a department (MFW&P) supported by hunters make policies to protect an invasive species that would have such a great financial impact on itself?
The economic impact that the wolves (worthless mutts) has caused in all of the areas of mutt reintroduction, is unacceptable! Most important to me is the impact in southern Park County Montana.
I hate the wolf so very much and it is the policy makers that I blame!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:31 PM
Silver Member

Wolves have been the cause of more elk Mortality in Yellowstone, The western 1/2 of Montana and most of Idaho, NW 1/3 or more of Wyoming, than any other cause since the INTRODUCTION by the Feds. Ive seen more hair tangled wolf scat and elk bones on high ridges of the North Idaho / Montana Border country than elk tracks for years now. North Idaho and NW MT elk herds are doomed. It takes killing 70 % of the wolves to even stay level with their population growth! Hunting seasons on wolves will never control them enough. Get the DVD - CRY WOLF, and see Lobo Watch on the web.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:47 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtntrapper1 View Post
Wolves have been the cause of more elk Mortality in Yellowstone, The western 1/2 of Montana and most of Idaho, NW 1/3 or more of Wyoming, than any other cause since the INTRODUCTION by the Feds. Ive seen more hair tangled wolf scat and elk bones on high ridges of the North Idaho / Montana Border country than elk tracks for years now. North Idaho and NW MT elk herds are doomed. It takes killing 70 % of the wolves to even stay level with their population growth! Hunting seasons on wolves will never control them enough. Get the DVD - CRY WOLF, and see Lobo Watch on the web.
If you watch either of these, make sure your dog isn't in the room with you... you'll end up wanting to kick him just because he's a K9 too!
Old 04-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Platinum Member

History is not kind to this subject either.

In 1994 the federal government witha lot of special interest group support shoved the wolf introduction down the throat of Idaho. Idaho protested of course but lost.

Federal Government management and control is full of special interest agenda's and supported by lobbyists for control of state resources.

Fed gov management is similar to Monica and Bill, it is sickening, they get away with, and flaunt it in your face.

Wolves have been the second most sucessfully introduced species behind the white tail.

Back to the Fed's, they can't figure out how to count wolves, which brings up accountability......or the lack there of. By not being able to accurately account for packs, breeding pairs, and actual predation numbers they can play games with the states who suffer from this negligence.

Parasites that kill everything but k9: E Granulosus. This little bastard kills everything, humans, elk, deer, cats, etc. We have seen areas with huge numbers of deer deaths that were unexplained. The explanation finally came from whistle blower biologists. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...45218183,d.cGE

In areas of abundant food sources wolves, like bears, can and do kill for fun, training the young, and sheer boredom. Much like the dog in the house might chase or kill something in your yard, they do it, because they can.

They do provide a unique hunting opportunity that is generally extremely challenging. The hunts go from September through March which gives us westerns options to hunt during the winter for a amazing critter.

I like this option very much, but not enough to risk my life getting this parasite. Today there is no known plan to address this problem.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Platinum Member

Oh and it you google the parasite and look for images I am being used as an example of how to not handle a dead wolf. If anyone knows the guy or how to get a hold of him let me. I want to have a word or two about using my image in this manner.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:28 PM
Silver Member

And if all the info so far is not enough try this....In the 3 state region of Montana, Wyoming and Idaho since introduction of the non-native wolves there are approximately 100,000 (one hundred thousand) missing elk. About 25,000 of those elk were from a un-huntable population that inhabited yellowstone park but the rest were from hunted elk herds in the 3 state region. That should give you at least 75,000 reasons to despise wolves.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Silver Member

Wow this is insane! How many wolves can each hunter kill per year?