Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Why do so many people hate on wolves?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Why do so many people hate on wolves?

USF&W, and the NPS, are full of environmentalist and anti hunters. Over the years they are the ones that have really wanted to get those jobs, and pushed hard to get into them. Now they look at it as the rest of the people don't know what is happening and they have to stop us going into their park or preserve si they can protect it from us.

Like the woman in charge of moving the Wolves from Canada, into Yellowstone. Things just were not going fast enough for her so she had Wolves brought in from Canada that had not been quarentined and tested for diseases. Some of the ones she brought in had different diseases that caused problems with the ones already here. But she still increases the total population by leaps and bounds over the safe process.
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:17 PM
Silver Member

Here is why I hate everything that eats meat with teeth bigger then mine and does not eat dog food! This Suffolk ewe lamb was 100 feet from my front door! I suspect lion! Glad it was not one of my kids!
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Why do so many people hate on wolves?-image.jpg  
Old 09-18-2013, 11:20 PM
Gold Member

Last Sunday when we went out didn't see any wolves but signs they've been there recently.. Talked to a land owner and he was glad to give us permission to hunt his property. He claimed they frequent the property every few days but normally at night up the mountain from his house howling.

We will be spending Friday morning till Sunday evening up there. Hope to get lucky and snag a few. Went and checked the chart on my 308 today and out to 700 yards and we will have pictures

Good luck to all the rest that are able to get out and try their hand at getting started on our eradication!!

Riley: "Biggest fail of 2014 so far..."
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...72/index4.html
Old 09-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Gold Member

Wolves are slowly moving into Northern Nevada. Right now the Dept of WIldlife views wolves as just big coyotes. WE have more issues with the huge wild horse populations that are highly protected.

While out hunting one fall I had a Stalion come for me, lucky I could get up on some rocks to avoid him.

I was told that under I had no right to defend myself according to Nevada's wild house bureau. I was in their territory and if for any reason I harmed anyone of them and they found out I would be prosecuted .................

So for me the only good horse is a dead one.