Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Why do so many people hate on wolves?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 08:17 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Why do so many people hate on wolves?

I feel Wolves would come in to kill the Coyote there just like they do here. If you don't get a response from the usual varmit calls try the Coyote Howler. Or try a Wolf Howler. A pack of Wolves don't want a trespasser in their territory either.

Yes, the Grease balls would work, and continue to work. The reason is that nothing happens when the Wolf eats it on site. It happens later after they move on. But I don't think one could get away with using it today. Local F&G, plus USF&W would have a fit. You would end up going to jail.

Back in the days the old Wolfers were doing the poisoning, people did not let their dogs run loose in the hills. If they went hiking they kept their dogs close. Hounds only went into the hills to hunt, they did not have time to get into poison when running an animal. It's a whole nother world out there.
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Silver Member

"It's a whole nother world out there." Boy ain't that the truth. mtmuley
Old 08-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Silver Member

Just spent the last hour reading through these threads. And now I am trying to figure out how I want to add my two cents.

I do not live out west with these wolves, but I do however contribute alot of hard earned cash to your communities every year by traveling to the places you guys call home every year to hunt elk and deer.

Every person on here has examples and stories of the impact the wolf has made already, and what lies in the future.

It has also been talked of how the wolves were secretly or illegally reintroduced. And I've always heard two wrongs do not make a right. But I guess what I'm getting at, is killing every wolf a person can really a wrong? Yes, it may not be legal by state laws. But is it really wrong?

When is people going to start standing up for what's right? Whether it be against wolves,or anything else that goes on in this country.

Looks to me like the F&G department will be laying off with the rest the companies in the US. If there are no hunters, there will be no need for them either. I would think any game warden with any sense at all would turn the other cheek on any (accidental) wolf killing. (That one for you muley). As for me, along with all previous hunts, and all future hunts- I will always be packing a whole pocket full of wolf permits.

15 years ago, I flew 60 miles into the backcountry out of Challis ID on my very first hunting trip out west. Every time!- I smell pine burning, the smell takes me back to that trip. I have a 5 year old son now, and dream of taking him on hunts just like that one when he gets older. The thought of him not getting to experience that kinda stuff with me because wolves destroyed it makes me write responses like this one.

Legal, not legal, where do ya draw the line? Something needs done about them.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Gold Member

The Federal Wildlife Commision is composed of a lot of anti hunters, so they are huge supporters of the wolves over hunters. Your right we have to take a stand .......For me that means shooting any wolf in season or out. When the Elk and Deer herds are low they will turn to Cattle, and when Cattle Ranches can not protect there investments, thats when we will see a lot of cattle ranches going out of business.
The vast majority of the population bases support the wolf. Not that they will ever see one or will they ever have to deal with them, its just knowing they are out there. It all about the population base and voters and what the majority of votes want they get that's how people get elected. We are totally out numbered and we are really fighting a loosing battle. It only a matter of time before fewer and fewer Elk and Deer tags are issued due to the limited populations. Its propable what they really want ...................the end of Hunting as we know it. What we love the way of life we care so much about is coming to and end.

G
Old 09-16-2013, 11:43 PM
Bronze Member

If you really think about it the political bastards want to take our guns. They do everything they possibly can to try and take our ammo and our guns. One of the biggest fights is many of us are avid hunters and that is defense on one avenue not letting politicians take guns. The next step they take is introduce a huge financial disaster, the Wolf. Well this killing machine is decimating our hunting grounds and therefore another reason for them to take our guns, nothing to hunt! I don't know about the rest of you but I am going to destroy every wolf I see plain and simple!!!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 12:13 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrt307 View Post
If you really think about it the political bastards want to take our guns. They do everything they possibly can to try and take our ammo and our guns. One of the biggest fights is many of us are avid hunters and that is defense on one avenue not letting politicians take guns. The next step they take is introduce a huge financial disaster, the Wolf. Well this killing machine is decimating our hunting grounds and therefore another reason for them to take our guns, nothing to hunt! I don't know about the rest of you but I am going to destroy every wolf I see plain and simple!!!!!
I couldn't have said it better my self now if there were just a couple thousand more people like us we'd be set to wipe out the population again. Enough with this management bull **** let's eradicate them damn things!!!

Riley: "Biggest fail of 2014 so far..."
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...72/index4.html
Old 09-17-2013, 12:25 AM
Platinum Member

Any wolf I ever see while I have a rifle in my hands will have lead chasing it. Enough is enough......

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams