Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Washington Wolf plan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Silver Member

Re: Washington Wolf plan

Here is a good site for some historical information. from Montana. Wolves are already in WA, Where they will proliferate fast with the west side being in support of it.

Lobo Watch - Wolf News
Old 07-29-2012, 01:14 PM

And now they have named an 8th pack!!! They call it the "Wedge" pack!!! Found north of Kettle Falls between the Columbia and Kettle Rivers!!! They found this pack because a rancher had a calf killed!! They collared they alpha male and ear tagged a pup. And they are proud to name the 8th of all things!! Did some research of the SeattleTimes and they claim most Washington residents welcome the re-introuced wolves!!! They are outt their damn minds!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrignJax View Post
And now they have named an 8th pack!!! They call it the "Wedge" pack!!! Found north of Kettle Falls between the Columbia and Kettle Rivers!!! They found this pack because a rancher had a calf killed!! They collared they alpha male and ear tagged a pup. And they are proud to name the 8th of all things!! Did some research of the SeattleTimes and they claim most Washington residents welcome the re-introuced wolves!!! They are outt their damn minds!!!!!!
Agreed. 'Most Washington residents' have believed the simple minded, easily digested marketing of the mass culture and really have no reason, in their minds, to investigate the issue further to uncover the truth even if they are aware there is an issue with wolves in the first place, which most likely are not. ...just like so many other issues...

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 07-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Bronze Member

Shoot every wolf you see and you will not put a dent in the population. It took professional hunters with traps and poison to eradicate the wolf population in the 1890's. Sadly, the wolf is here to stay.

Bear and cougar numbers have soared since hound hunting was banned. Add wolves to the mix and moose will be the first to vanish, then mule deer, blacktail, elk and finally the whitetail.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
Shoot every wolf you see and you will not put a dent in the population. It took professional hunters with traps and poison to eradicate the wolf population in the 1890's. Sadly, the wolf is here to stay.

Bear and cougar numbers have soared since hound hunting was banned. Add wolves to the mix and moose will be the first to vanish, then mule deer, blacktail, elk and finally the whitetail.
Yep...all well documented.

I think that predators, especially wolves, are the perfect bio-political tool of the left to accomplish several objectives at once.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 07-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Bronze Member

I have never heard the term "bio-political tool" before. Achieving several goals with minimum expenditure, all the while appearing to support the wishes of the green herd, very clever in deed.

If the wolf actually achieves what the NRA has been able to successfully battle for years, this is a
sad time to be sure. Personally I hope to be dead and buried before that happens.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:54 AM

So I was apparently talking to a Biologist on the website www.Bearinfo.org her name is Lorna, about the 8th confirmed pack of wolves!!! I posted one mild response to an ignorant reply about the wolves in WA and got a, well, I guess not so satisfying response back!! So I politely laid out some facts from the wolves in Idaho, such as the elk herds are down 80% in spots, the dogs in Wallace that got attacked and killed and the slaughter house they gated off around Dworshak!!! I also stated that citizens and hunters don't want them here and we don't want government "Managing" the wolves; because, as I stated "We all know how well they manage programs"!!!! I was fairly professional and left it at that, no name calling, you stupid idiot kinds of things, but I was expecting a response. I have went back and checked on it here and there and just checked it this morning and noticed they DELETED my post!!!!! COWARDS!!!!!!! So I encourage everyone to check out the site, and click on the 8th Wolf Pack Confirmed and scroll down to the bottom of the page and post a quick reply!!!! Bombard the damn thing!!!!! That way everyone who reads that will see our concerns!!!!!