Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Washington Wolf plan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Washington Wolf plan

Why I say WDFW is pro-predator? I'm off this week and should be out trying to call a lion, no season, plenty of cats. Our black bear season should be a general spring season, and reopen August 1, lots of bears no season (why end bear season a couple of days before deer season?) We were told get rid of hounds and bait and boot hunters can have an August 1 opener in the NE corner. Very short lived-great summer back pack trip with the kids out of school, bring in new hunters. Again plenty of bears. They don't want us around the grizzlies. Another example of a hunt hamstrung by dates specifically designed to limit opportunity. I've heard them say their assumption is a guy with a cougar/bear tag out hunting is just there to poach deer/elk.
I've interacted with several states and provinces, and Washington has the most arrogant, adversarial, and anti-hunting attitude of the bunch. The strategy of eliminating or minimizing sport hunting by protecting predators predates the wolf in this state, but the wolf will be the capstone.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:38 PM
Platinum Member

Just reading reports of wolves on the Colville reservation, between 3 & 9, and the Tribe has not settled on a plan (how many). The issue is apparently as controversial as it is in the rest of the State.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Silver Member

I just saw two wolves at Bow Hill on I5, there's one breeding pair! Lmao.... Looked like they were huntin something, I only saw two, there were probably more...
Old 01-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Gold Member

So do what a lot of sportmen are doing in wy. mt. id. shot every one they see. Then keep your kills to your self. If you want to be able to hunt with your kids and grandkids. You better do it because FISH AND GAME WILL NEVER DO IT.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Bronze Member

I completely agree with you guys, I grew up in North central Washington and I've seen the political BS that goes on in Olympia. I finally had enough and moved the hell out of that Liberal state. I spent the past 5 years elk hunting in the Colville National forest, and it's tough! The elk density is very low, Grizzlies were re-introduced, and now there are established wolf packs! Hunting is going to get alot worse in WA. And yes Good old Gregoire has shown her hand, non-resident elk tags went up last year from $300 to over $700, not to mention that resident fees have increased quite a bit these past few years.
Classic government mentality: Take our money and make a mess with it!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:16 AM
Platinum Member

I just ran accross this 1992 article:

http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...7&slug=1486887

Found it on this site:

Washington Wolf Sightings Facts Recovery Reintroduction Attacks Diseases Predation News

6 packs in Washington's Cascades in 1992?

Any comments on this?

Latest from WDFW:

http://wdfw.wa.gov/news/jan0412b/

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 03-11-2012, 02:41 AM

We don't have to tolerate wolves in our woods. Just use discretion. Screw WDFW they are following direction from foreign governments and shutting us out of our woods and wild places. United Nations directives control the WDFW agenda. U.N.. Agenda 21. is the document writer by the United Nations to blueprint their plan of sustainable development for the 21st century. I encourage everyone who values access to the wild places and wants their children to have the mountains and foresests and deserts and rivers should google "United Nations Agenda 21" and read about it for a while or watch a youtube video explaining it. We are going to lose all access to the woods and the critters if we don't all stop the current erosion of America.