Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Shoot and Shovel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 11:04 PM
Silver Member

Re: Shoot and Shovel

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninflag View Post
f idaho, wyo or montana opened their season on jan 1 , i would have already gone. roninflag
Idaho's wolf season goes from August 31 to March 31, so our season is still open.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:00 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkidaho View Post
Idaho's wolf season goes from August 31 to March 31, so our season is still open.
SDKidaho- i believe most are shot in sept and oct with very few shot after that. if the season opened in jan. - i believe i would have a better chance at success on some wolves that are not 18 miles back in over 3 ft of snow. just my feeling though. if i am wrong correct me. i would love to shoot one or some in january . ron
Old 03-13-2013, 09:23 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninflag View Post
SDKidaho- i believe most are shot in sept and oct with very few shot after that. if the season opened in jan. - i believe i would have a better chance at success on some wolves that are not 18 miles back in over 3 ft of snow. just my feeling though. if i am wrong correct me. i would love to shoot one or some in january . ron
It is just the opposite here from what you are thinking. In 3 feet of snow and 18 miles back there is nothing to eat. I got one the other day a mile from where my friends are calving, and in the last week of December another friend shot one right in his cows! Another guy I know ran one over on the highway! Low my friend! Now is the time, late is great!