Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Professional Hunter to Remove Idaho Wolves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 12:32 AM
Silver Member

Re: Professional Hunter to Remove Idaho Wolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARPERC View Post
One man will do OK if it's the right person, and they leave him alone. If it's truly a control hunt he needs to be there thru the denning season.

Areas outside the wilderness where a trapper can use a snowmobile and haul more bait would be a good idea also.
Couldn't agree more, in the area I elk hunt I have taken predator control very serious and I am in the thick of central ID. Well this year I saw more calfs (almost 30% cow to calf ratio) than i have seen in years (usually cow to calf is about 10%)

If the fella knows what he is doing and utilizes traps and more importantly if he is a good snare man he will make a HUGE difference in that area.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:18 AM

Did you guys here about this Wolf kill in Idaho? Looks like it was a news story near the town of Victor. I'm in Washington state and don't know were Victor is, but I've seen the Wolfs here during Elk hunting in the mountains dew south of the old Natchez pass. I just tripped over this when I was reading another news story this evening. Here is a link to it,
Wolves kill 176 sheep near Victor, greatest loss recorded in Idaho | Rack Em Up
Old 01-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbleweed7mmstw View Post
Did you guys here about this Wolf kill in Idaho? Looks like it was a news story near the town of Victor. I'm in Washington state and don't know were Victor is, but I've seen the Wolfs here during Elk hunting in the mountains dew south of the old Natchez pass. I just tripped over this when I was reading another news story this evening. Here is a link to it,
Wolves kill 176 sheep near Victor, greatest loss recorded in Idaho | Rack Em Up
Yup: 176 Sheep dead...
Suck deal, all the way around.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Gold Member

Well, they (4 different groups led by John Marvel/western watersheds) filed suit to stop this guy from doing his job. Hopefully the suit won't happen and if it does, hopefully Gus is so deep in the wilderness they can't find him.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 01-11-2014, 04:06 PM
Silver Member

The most disgusting part of these activist groups is their choosing one animal as more noble and important than another. They place the wolf above the elk herds that have flourished in Idaho up to this point. The unsustainable losses in the herd do not resonate with them yet they believe they know better than hunters who live in those mountains. The truth of this huge mistake of grey wolf introduction and the evidence of the elk and game losses cannot penetrate their arrogance. A world left to their "better judgment" will soon be rendered a fallow wastland. They cannot fathom a dynamic system. Actions have consequences.

We all suffer the mistakes of fools.

They are proven by their blindness.

KB
Old 01-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennibear View Post
The most disgusting part of these activist groups is their choosing one animal as more noble and important than another. They place the wolf above the elk herds that have flourished in Idaho up to this point. The unsustainable losses in the herd do not resonate with them yet they believe they know better than hunters who live in those mountains. The truth of this huge mistake of grey wolf introduction and the evidence of the elk and game losses cannot penetrate their arrogance. A world left to their "better judgment" will soon be rendered a fallow wastland. They cannot fathom a dynamic system. Actions have consequences.

We all suffer the mistakes of fools.

They are proven by their blindness.

KB
Well, I cannot possibly tell you what I think about Jon Marvel from Western Watersheds as I would most likely be sued for libel however you can google him and form an opinion for yourself. Hopefully he will run into a pack of wolves someday...........

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 01-15-2014, 08:41 PM
Silver Member

I hunted last fall right where Gus is. He is doing OK. I won't say how many. He is in steep rough country.