Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Plse Help a MT. Wolf hunter out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Plse Help a MT. Wolf hunter out

BnG, it was not that way where I hunted last weekend and headed tomorrow. And the ranchers I talked to were glad I stopped and gave me the go ahead to shoot. Dont give up, just go get em.

Jeff
Old 02-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Platinum Member

The ranchers have been GTG but there are guys who get out during the week and have sleds to get back in an locate them, then they come in and whine about them staying out of range, I have the exact opposite problem. Working all week really screws with my hunting

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 02-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Silver Member

Some times those people may not be seeing anything. Over here we have wolves and a closed season, this makes me made as hell! During a particular late hunt over here in 2006 a guy had a four day bull tag and was seeing 400 bulls all over, but would not say where. He killed a 310ish bull. I had a 1 out of 14 reject screw job on the regs. by the MFWP Gardiner late bull tag and my late bull tag was for the whole late hunt Every stinking day! That guy made me two breaths short of a looney bin resident!

I always say to myself to give it your best effort, and when it is all said and done that is all you can do.

I am still headed to Ennis by myself with my dog, and no tag, so all I am is your guy's or Gal's eyes. If anyone needs help or a set of eyes somewhere let me know tonite
Good Luck fellas!
Old 02-12-2012, 12:11 AM
Platinum Member

Rooster740, I sent you a PM earlier. I hadn't read your post here. I am heading to Ennis alone too. We need to hook up. Give me a call either tonight or early morning , I am leaving at 5:00 am.

Jeff
Old 02-12-2012, 12:38 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Rooster740, I sent you a PM earlier. I hadn't read your post here. I am heading to Ennis alone too. We need to hook up. Give me a call either tonight or early morning , I am leaving at 5:00 am.

Jeff
Happy hunting, Broz!

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 02-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks Jmden.

Well I was close. I spotted two, a black and a gray and watched them for a long time trying to figure out a sneak. They were in the flats near a large herd of elk. They ranged 1931 yards from the road. I wanted the best possible odds so I satrted in with not much for cover, hoping to close the gap a bit. They were moving away and I didn't catch up for a shot. Hind sight I wish I would have sent one from 1931 yards.

I plan to go one more time before the 15th.

Jeff
Old 02-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Platinum Member

Thinkin' ahead. . .

What's an outta stater need in MT shoot a coyote? License etc?

Otta keep at least part of it legal...