Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Plse Help a MT. Wolf hunter out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 12:40 AM
Silver Member

Re: Plse Help a MT. Wolf hunter out

Any luck Jeff? We went out today again, lots of people and no wolves. All the hippies by big sky were out in full force cross country skiing and hiking. No one had any smiles on their face when we came hiking out, lol. We saw some elk bedded and called but never saw anything else

I bet none of you have a .234 (6mm rem necked to .234)
Old 01-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Platinum Member

Had to pospone our trip. A couple of my buddies 1st year heffers started calving and he had to stay home. So now the plan is for my son and I to go his next 2 days off. That will be a week from today. Meanwhile Iwill keep talking to people and try to find the best place for our last attempt.

Jeff
Old 01-30-2012, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member

A co worker had some buddies get into them and got one, they were way back in BFE and got on them without calling. I guess there was 9 of them, I'm getting more details soon. At least one less !!!!!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 01-31-2012, 08:29 PM
Platinum Member

Hey Rhian,
Call Corey Lammey, & Brad Benson, & let em know some friends of yours & mine need to fill some wolf taggs. Use my name if you want. If Brad has any idea where they are, he'll letcha know, & is bet Corey is the same. Somewhere between Wise River, & Redlodge somebody will know something, & Corey is a very connected person. Just make sure Jeff "completely fills" his tag!
I'll check with another buddy on a ranch by Dillon, & see if he's got any info. Went to highschool with him too.
Ya... Completely fill your tag Jeff. All the way to the top.......
Remember the Big Hole boys. Whack a few for me!

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 01-31-2012, 08:35 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
Hey Rhian,
Call Corey Lammey, & Brad Benson, & let em know some friends of yours & mine need to fill some wolf taggs. Use my name if you want. If Brad has any idea where they are, he'll letcha know, & is bet Corey is the same. Somewhere between Wise River, & Redlodge somebody will know something, & Corey is a very connected person. Just make sure Jeff "completely fills" his tag!
I'll check with another buddy on a ranch by Dillon, & see if he's got any info. Went to highschool with him too.
Winmag, Thank you! Any help or intel is appreciated. And don't worry we will be in "Kill Mode" Just need to find the suckers. It is on for Monday and Tuesday as my son has these days off.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 01-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
Hey Rhian,
Hey man, I've been calling in favors all over!! I've talked to Cory a few times lately and they haven't been down on him this year, working on Bensons tractor as we speak, talked to Husteds as well. No one is getting into them hard or seeing them, there is zero snow here, I can drive anywhere almost so they are higher than usual. A co workers friend popped one over the week end but they hiked way back in, man to be in college again and not have to make a living
I've called in a couple favors and got some keys to gates being the head John Deere tech in SW MT give me a little pull with ranchers
If I find some Jeff will be first to know, and I'll text you a pic of the carnage

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 02-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Platinum Member

!

Remember the Big Hole boys![/QUOTE]

LOL! I like that Maybe in a hundred years the Feds will build us an LRH park there.