Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

One more down in Idaho.............

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Silver Member

Re: One more down in Idaho.............

Randy,

Way cool! Tell your friend thanks!!! I was in Island Park with Scouts last Saturday and saw one...in a fairly populated area...just seeing it got my blood flowing.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:40 AM

Someone needs a bigger table. Nice color. Time to go and get another ...... dozen or so. Hope they slow down on the reproduction numbers, but then we would be living in the fairytale story that the bunny huggers live in.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Silver Member

Tell your friend nice job and thanks for saving some of our deer and elk!!
Jon
Old 03-14-2013, 12:53 AM
Silver Member

mtnwrunner, would you mind explaining what harassing is going on? If you don't feel like making it public, PM is fine, just trying to suss out the situation around wolves first hand.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust View Post
mtnwrunner, would you mind explaining what harassing is going on? If you don't feel like making it public, PM is fine, just trying to suss out the situation around wolves first hand.
Well, we live in a very liberal part of Idaho---matter of fact, it is the only liberal part of Idaho. There are quite a few wolf advocates in this area and they are out and about getting in the way of wolf hunters. For example, they put up trail cameras in certain areas and take photos of the hunters as they walk on a trail in certain well known wolf areas. Another example, one of them blocked a road from one of my friends leaving a certain trailhead with their vehicle and they got into a confrontation. That was reported to our local game department and they won't do squat. They video tape and record every event---if they suspect you are wolf hunting they'll follow you and try and engage you in come sort of confrontation, mostly verbal but try and make the hunter feel like ****. How about the hunter going to a certain area and they'll pull out in front of you and crawl along the so slow you can't drive by? If they could, they would get your name and photo and put it in the local newspaper (Its a liberal rag) when you killed a wolf.
And I know for a fact that they or at least one person montiors this site as they told the above person who was blocked on the road a conversation that he and I had on Long Range Hunting. And I've never even met HER and she mentioned my name with him as she was chastising him for being a wolf hunter.
It is one of those situations that eventually something bad will happen. Being I have a past career in law enforcement, I've suggested to some of the folks that have been harassed to document every event, take photos and record stuff if you can.
For example, if they would have blocked the road from me leaving, I would have gotten out of my vehicle, taken photos and video and told them to let me by---and I would have told them ONCE. And I would have then moved their vehicle either by person or with a brush guard all the while filming it. It is always best in my opinion to take the "high road" but sometimes you just got to do what you have to.
It seems that we as hunters especially the wolf hunters, have always taken it in the shorts. It is time that we stand up for our rights and what is LEGAL. Its tough for me personally not to get angry and all pissed off, however, keep your wits about you and hopefully justice will prevail.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 03-14-2013, 09:23 PM
Silver Member

This is no way meant as a threat to these idiots, but someday they will screw with a person that doesn't mind doing harm to others in the name of personal space and respect.
It is so sad that these idiots think that they have so much power! May they all choke on tofu, and come back as an elk calf in Yellowstone Park!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster740 View Post
This is no way meant as a threat to these idiots, but someday they will screw with a person that doesn't mind doing harm to others in the name of personal space and respect.
It is so sad that these idiots think that they have so much power! May they all choke on tofu, and come back as an elk calf in Yellowstone Park!
+1 on the tofu.
I agree, someday they will meet "Guido" and wind up in the ditch with a couple of broken legs from a baseball bat...............

BTW they have named most of the wolves.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen