Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

One more down in Idaho.............

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Platinum Member

One more down in Idaho.............

This one was taken in central Idaho by a friend of mine over the weekend. I'll leave out the details on where and when and by who being this site is monitored by some wolf advocates (Hi Lynne) and they raise hell and harass the hunters up this way.
In any case, it came in to a cow elk call and its a beauty. The table that it is on is 4 foot by 8 foot.

Randy
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
One more down in Idaho.............-003.jpg   One more down in Idaho.............-004.jpg  

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 03-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Silver Member

Re: One more down in Idaho.............

Someone taught that wolf How to lay down! Excellent job
Old 03-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Silver Member

Awesome
Old 03-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Silver Member

Nice, What did it weight?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Platinum Member

Awesome! Do you guys have a pic before yall skinned him out ? I would like to see one with the guts in him , he looks huge on the table and long too.

P.S What do you use the two shop Vacs for ? I used the same style while working on large concrete floors we ran one attached to each of our floor saws. They had Honda engines on them . Sorry to change direction of your thread not intentionally , I just pay attention to detail in Pics

P.S again its not really any of my buisness but those blow up like a big mushroom while running kin of neat the first time seeing them operate.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
Awesome! Do you guys have a pic before yall skinned him out ? I would like to see one with the guts in him , he looks huge on the table and long too.

P.S What do you use the two shop Vacs for ? I used the same style while working on large concrete floors we ran one attached to each of our floor saws. They had Honda engines on them . Sorry to change direction of your thread not intentionally , I just pay attention to detail in Pics

P.S again its not really any of my buisness but those blow up like a big mushroom while running kin of neat the first time seeing them operate.
I'll see if I can get some photos from the scene. Good eye on the vacs---they are used for woodworking and this is my buddys shop. Like I said before, I can't say a whole lot as we have a couple of wackos running around this part of the country and they do monitor this website and they cause havoc. I'd rather not cause any of my buddies grief with them showing up at any of their places. They have harassed a couple of our local wolf hunters even blocking the road so they couldn't get by and our game department does not want to do anything about it which is bullshit. If you want more info, you can PM me.
In any case, keep after them and save an elk!

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 03-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwrunner View Post
I'll see if I can get some photos from the scene. Good eye on the vacs---they are used for woodworking and this is my buddys shop. Like I said before, I can't say a whole lot as we have a couple of wackos running around this part of the country and they do monitor this website and they cause havoc. I'd rather not cause any of my buddies grief with them showing up at any of their places. They have harassed a couple of our local wolf hunters even blocking the road so they couldn't get by and our game department does not want to do anything about it which is bullshit. If you want more info, you can PM me.
In any case, keep after them and save an elk!

Randy
Cool, glad you guys got a wolf . If I lived out there I would find someone that had a litter of pups and record them wining for their momma and then I would set up with one of those fancey varmint calling machines and Blast away
We used to raise Hogs and the Sow would go crazy when she herd the little ones squeel. Here she would a come a running . Just an Ideah . Tell your friend to keep up the good work and good luck in the future......