Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

MT is being sued over trapping... again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 09:00 AM
Gold Member

MT is being sued over trapping... again

I just read an article the the Daily Interlake stating that FWP is being sued by, get this, Friends of the Wild Swan, Wildearth Guardians, and Alliance for Wild Rockies (I'd post the link but my phone hates me). The suit is an attempt to shut down ALL trapping in Western MT. They claim that too many Canadian Lynx are being caught in snares, 9 total this year. If it they win, kiss any attempt at effecvtive wolf control goodbye.

I found it interesting that the Friends of the Wild Swan would want to keep more swan predators around (unless they mean the Swan Mts, but I doubt it). It's also suprizing that Footloose MT isn't involved... yet.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:21 AM
Platinum Member

Re: MT is being sued over trapping... again

Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks sued over trapping in lynx habitat

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Gold Member

Thanx FEENIX. Sounds like the suit will most likely be dropped, but we need to keep an eye on it anyway.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:10 AM
Platinum Member

These guys have been beating everyone with the lynx and they have succeeded in some areas with it, what's funny is if the lynx was in so much trouble why are they getting caught so much in bobcat sets, maybe because there are plenty of them
Wolf trapping should not be effected by the lynx, no snares are allowed for wolf and the pan tension is set so high on the wolf traps that a light footed lynx won't set one of.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 03-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
These guys have been beating everyone with the lynx and they have succeeded in some areas with it, what's funny is if the lynx was in so much trouble why are they getting caught so much in bobcat sets, maybe because there are plenty of them
Wolf trapping should not be effected by the lynx, no snares are allowed for wolf and the pan tension is set so high on the wolf traps that a light footed lynx won't set one of.
That's the second best news I've heard all day. The first is the state senate passing the bill to prohibit the enforcement of hi-cap mag/semi-autos ban by the Feds. The vote ended up 24-21, I'm kinda suprized is was that close, too many of Gov. Bullcraps buddies in Helena I guess.