Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Mountain Lions Kill 2 Radio-Collared Wolves in Montana

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Silver Member

Re: Mountain Lions Kill 2 Radio-Collared Wolves in Montana

GO LIONS!!!!

Grizz in Jellystone are following wolf packs. the biggest Griz in the the park are not all hibernating. A few are following the wolves, find them at a kill, chase off the pack, feed and sit on the carcass. No wolves dare to take on a BIG grizz. There was footage of this on some public TV, I saw it 2 years ago in the winter.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:36 AM
Silver Member

But did they have tag's?

GO TEAM KITTY !
Old 08-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Silver Member

Never hunted lions and never got a wolf while in B.C. but It just pizzes me off hearing no dogs or bait hunting regs. laws is some states by tree hugging bunny fluffers!
Riddle me this? A lion hunts a wolf, a wolf hunts a lion, bears will follow wolves to a kill (bait), wolves will kill cubs maybe a bear, BUT! humans can't use a dog to hunt lions, bears, bait etc. Are dogs not related to wolves and predators attracked to dead **** in the wilderness? WTH is their thought process!!!!!!!!!!! God help us and this country!

I feel better now , go about your day and keep your arms in the ride at all times, thank you.

Gene
Old 08-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Bronze Member

There should be a BOUNTY of ALL wolves!.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt77 View Post
There should be a BOUNTY of ALL wolves!.

Amen!!!

Im seriously thinking about strickly hunting wolves this year. I cant honestly go another year with
out at leasting tagging one wolf. Now if we could get everyone to do this we'd be getting some where.

They need to get grizzlies off the protected list also, way to many around these parts.

Last year we also noticed that the grizzlies arent hibernating due to all the dead deer and elk carcasses lying around. Two big ol bors were together all last hunting season and were taking peoples elk all season. Even after just one shot they would come running. The fwp was actually replacing peoples tags that had problems with them.

Riley: "Biggest fail of 2014 so far..."
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...72/index4.html
Old 10-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Bronze Member

Wow! Not a big fan of cougars; went to the U of Idaho, WSU (the cougars), is a close neighbor/rival. However I'd like to see a cat kill a wolf.

Unfortunately, I'd still have to see it in person to believe it. We used to run hounds, and three good sized, experienced hounds will kill a cat. On the flip side, a good friend of mine who guides cats/bears in Idaho has lost three dogs now to the wolves.

If a hound can kill a cat, and a wolf can kill a hound...it would take a big old tom and a young inexperienced wolf to turn out that way. Dogs chase cats for a reason.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notellm View Post
kinda scary when the game herds are so far down that its perdator versus perdator.
Non predatory game animals may be down in the area, I don't know, but predators competing with one another is the most natural condition imaginable and not an indication of anything.