Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Looks like MT might get easier to hunt!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Gold Member

Re: Looks like MT might get easier to hunt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by threejones View Post
AMEN on that! I'd prefer a "shoot on site" order for the mutts, but I'd settle for "predator" status.

Hey 500, are you coming here with Broz? I'll check for chains running across the roads ahead of time fog ya! Ha Ha, couldn't resist.

For the next time that happens i added a few new tools to the tool box:

bolt cutters
25' of chain
2 locks

So when i come across this predicament again i will cut the chain with my new bolt cutters, go find a nice place where people can turn around, install my new chain across the road, locking it with my new locks, then will drop the keys off at the Sargent Wardens house a (friend of mine) and tell him if his damn biologist needs lessons im free on most weekend! Haha

Riley: "Biggest fail of 2014 so far..."
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...72/index4.html
Old 01-27-2013, 09:27 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500mag_guy View Post
For the next time that happens i added a few new tools to the tool box:

bolt cutters
25' of chain
2 locks

So when i come across this predicament again i will cut the chain with my new bolt cutters, go find a nice place where people can turn around, install my new chain across the road, locking it with my new locks, then will drop the keys off at the Sargent Wardens house a (friend of mine) and tell him if his damn biologist needs lessons im free on most weekend! Haha
Being pro-active, I like it!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhouston78 View Post
For you guys running the thompson river check the bottom of rock creek and richards peak over on the farns worth road. They hit those areas hard. There is also a big pack that hits the back of bar Z in the murr creek canyon. Not sure which one is the pack that comes off of rock creek but there are alot of black ones on that pack. Out by lost trail they have a den up above the bear springs road and they have been dropping off to the west by the school( they hunt that guys cows he lost a lot of cows to wolves). Also check the Mckillup loop road they run that a lot to. In the ashley lake area they were running the ridge between ashley lake and bittroot lake. The back side of talley lake has a den also and the cross on talley if its iced over. We have called them out on the ice a lot of times. For the guys shooting long range that one would be fun just have not had time to do it ( more lazy then time) with lion season. I know where there are more if anyone wants to know.
Thanx, I haven't checked Murr Cr or Mckillup for a long time, might be worth a drive. I'd heard a rumor about mutts on the ice around Tally... hope it was more than just a rumor.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:52 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by threejones View Post
Being pro-active, I like it!
Well i figure if im going to cut something that not mine ill replace it with something that is.

Of course after im done hunting that day. Hahahaha im just kidding

Riley: "Biggest fail of 2014 so far..."
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...72/index4.html
Old 01-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Silver Member

Tally has 5 or 6 crossing normally. A buddy missed two last year because he could not get a good reading with his range finder. The Thompson river side of Murr has dogs a lot, but they do cross to Schroder and the other side of the river to.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:47 PM
Silver Member

I have seen only 1 wolf this year and that was during archey season. I live in Plains so thanks goes to Ihouston78 for a couple more places to look.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Platinum Member

Looks like it is a done deal as soon as the governor signs it.

Hunters can buy up to 3 tags

Electronic calls legal

Non- resident tags $50

No buffer zones.

I was helping one of the legislators that wrote this bill work cattle yesterday. He told me it will be signed in this week and goes into effect immediately. Even for the rest of this season.

Jeff