Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Interested in wolf hunt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Bronze Member

Interested in wolf hunt

My buddy and I are interested in wolf hunting in Idaho next year. Most likely looking for an outfitter or guide. Any suggestions, info, or referrals would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 03-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Gold Member

Re: Interested in wolf hunt

Idaho doesn't have any wolves, I'd suggest you come to Montana... we've got tons of em!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Bronze Member

Sounds good to me. I'm trying to learn. Thanks
Old 03-26-2013, 12:17 AM
Silver Member

In Montana it is hard for outfitters to get "day use" during the later part of the year, which wolf hunting takes place. They would all like to take you but every agency involved, be it fish cops or forest (I don't wanna help you) service, seems like they have some sort of road block for outfitters! The issue with wolf hunting is you need big country to do any good!
Some friends went to Idaho last year, and every land owner that they asked to hunt on private land, said "kill all that you want"! So they did!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:09 AM
Platinum Member

You asked about Idaho, and I assumed a rifle hunt at the start of the thread. I just spoke with a BC guide I've hunted goat with. Their trapline hunts produced 36 this year, and 25-30 a year for a decade I know of. Not everybody gets rifle shots, not everybody connects that shoots. Bait sets on frozen lakes mostly for shooting. If that isn't too far afield for what you're asking let me know, and I'll forward contact info. 2014 is booked at this point. Their fish cops bring them road killed moose, better all round attitude about whats important.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:30 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARPERC View Post
You asked about Idaho, and I assumed a rifle hunt at the start of the thread. I just spoke with a BC guide I've hunted goat with. Their trapline hunts produced 36 this year, and 25-30 a year for a decade I know of. Not everybody gets rifle shots, not everybody connects that shoots. Bait sets on frozen lakes mostly for shooting. If that isn't too far afield for what you're asking let me know, and I'll forward contact info. 2014 is booked at this point. Their fish cops bring them road killed moose, better all round attitude about whats important.
Fish and Game Service that actually does some good for sportsmen, WOW! Around here, getting fish and Game to do something useful is like finding a leprechuan riding a unicorn. Looks like FWP in the states could use a lesson or two from our friends up north.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Platinum Member

We conduct guided hunts in Idaho for Wolf, lion, bear etc. We are based near Boise.