Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting


Reply

Idaho wolf down

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #57  
Old 12-05-2013, 12:38 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: London
Posts: 180
Re: Idaho wolf down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat2 View Post
I can see where this picture is taken from my bedroom window, I reckon that qualifies as my backyard. That is my handprint beside the wolf track.
Sorry Bearcat2 I thought when you said backyard you ment as in out in the bush ( NOT in your actual back yard ) as in garden.

I think you need to remove the threat imediatley, thats not safe for you or your family

john
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-05-2013, 12:51 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: West Central, Idaho
Posts: 435
Re: Idaho wolf down

It has often been discussed at to whether this documented information was deliberately hidden or overlooked in order that introduction take place.

1.) It provides more proof that a native population of wolves was habituating Idaho, and 2.) There is a disturbing difference in habits as has been observed and documented

This is a portion of many pages of evidence stating that the lg gray wolf or "Canadian" is in fact a recognized different sub species from what was naturally here (Idaho). The species that was transplanted here in fact secured their (cannis irremotus) extinction. This is a fact recognized by FWS until it didn't fit their agenda! We had coexisted and reached a balance with our native wolf until the FWS got their fingers in the matter!

Now they're going the same route with grizzly's, being illegally reintroduced in our area without any vetting or public notice/involvement. They just do whatever they want. You're a fool if you think sportsmen's interests are the priority. The priority is their job and they will skew science, misinform, and blatantly disregard law in order to keep it!

These are facts, don't you have a queen or something to worry about?
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Idaho wolf down-image.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-05-2013, 12:58 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: London
Posts: 180
Re: Idaho wolf down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iclimb View Post
Your only insulting yourself by showing your ignorance on the facts of what is going on. Maybe we should donate some of our sportsmen's $$$ and fund the reintroduction of Canadian wolves over in your neck of the woods. Surely at some point in history their (ancestors) migrated through that part of the world following the game. So it's only natural that they be forcefully reintroduced into the ecosystem they once were part of. I mean we have so much say in where these funds are distributed. I'd put money towards it!

You won't ever see the light and it's a shame that someone so ignorant on local repercussions of the matter is able to have any say at all!
Well they have been talking about re-introducing them again here this past 6 months, and I too would stump up the cash for that because atleased that would give us something else to hunt,

I do see the light in what your saying but I also see the value in all game because when one season closes another opens and that means more time hunting which means more use out of the gear we buy instead of them becoming dust collectors for 11 months of the year.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: London
Posts: 180
Re: Idaho wolf down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iclimb View Post
It has often been discussed at to whether this documented information was deliberately hidden or overlooked in order that introduction take place.

1.) It provides more proof that a native population of wolves was habituating Idaho, and 2.) There is a disturbing difference in habits as has been observed and documented

This is a portion of many pages of evidence stating that the lg gray wolf or "Canadian" is in fact a recognized different sub species from what was naturally here (Idaho). The species that was transplanted here in fact secured their (cannis irremotus) extinction. This is a fact recognized by FWS until it didn't fit their agenda! We had coexisted and reached a balance with our native wolf until the FWS got their fingers in the matter!

Now they're going the same route with grizzly's, being illegally reintroduced in our area without any vetting or public notice/involvement. They just do whatever they want. You're a fool if you think sportsmen's interests are the priority. The priority is their job and they will skew science, misinform, and blatantly disregard law in order to keep it!

These are facts, don't you have a queen or something to worry about?
Well like you say not all facts are made known to the general public and I have spent alot of time researching these facts and found that 90% of them were misleading which is why I dont have an issue with hunting wolves and I did state this earlier and what I did say was Hunters should not have to justify shooting wolves what I didnt understand was why they shot them.
I have seen videos of wolves tracking hunters and read pages of stuff on them, Im not against you with this, Im just trying to understand it better.


And No I dont have a Queen to worry about,
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 12-05-2013, 02:13 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 2,418
Re: Idaho wolf down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildot1960 View Post
" QUOTE " Let's see if I got this correct; They've been wandering in from Canada for 25,000 years, but forgot how, and needed to hitch a multi-million dollar ride from the USFWS.

Whose BS'ing who?

OK you wanna be a smart ass about this Lets go for it,

!) It would not have cost anything if WE as Hunters had not wiped them all out in the first place.

2) The USFWS have put in alot of money to bring back these Animals and that Money has come from Hunters and the likes fees.

3) It was Hunters and Trappers who wiped out these Animals because of the Money they could make Hunting and Traping.

4) So it is only right that the Money should come from the Source that caused the Problem in the First Place.

5) What WE as Hunters have to do is Stop being So Defensive about things and try being a bit More Honest about the Facts, Answer me this,,, IF I go and kill some one ( By What ever means ) Should YOU be the one who has to pay the Cost ( IE Go to Jail or Worse ) Answer NO and by Hunting WE become part of the Herritage Past and Pressent and how WE conduct our selves has a Huge effect on how History and people see us as Hunters along the Restrictions that are Placed upon us,

So going back to the Millions of Dollars that have been invested, The Hunters of the 1900s +/- a few years all but wipped out alot of the great herds and by the 1930s the last wolf was all but Gone Untill 1995 when they were re introduced. On here and many other places we read about how the Elk and Moose etc are nearly all gone and the Blaim is being put on the Wolf and yes they do kill alot of them, But back 200 years ago the the Great Herds could be seen for miles but now you need a scope or a Helicopter to see them. You cant blaim the Wolves for that because they were not around for over 55 years+ Now the Elk and Moose etc along with the Wolves managed to Survive for over 25000 years so much so they became the Great Herds. Now if the Wolves could not wipe them out in the past 25000 years then you need to see the bigger picture and that Blaim belongs to us, And as a Hunter I am part of the cause.

Now the Wolf would not have to hitch a ride at all if there was not a Bounty put on their heads in the first place and that Bounty was collected by those Hunters of the Past, So we as Hunters have to Pick up the Tab for our Past and that is done through the USFWS.

The facts are engraved in Stone.
John
Actually, I thought it a legitimate question given your nearly incoherent rant. Or rants at this point.

FACT: Wolves were present in the Rocky mountain states at the time of the transplant.They were there in numbers that were increasing (recovering) without a dime of anybodies money being embezzled.

Fact: American hunters haven't squawked about the money to preserve or better habitat, relocate indigenous species, or exercise restraint while those species recovered since about 1900. Pay to play doesn't mean forgo legitimate questions, blind subservience to government agencies, or suffering fools in silence.

Fact: It didn't take 60-70 million dollars to box a few wolves, and ship them south, but it seems to be missing from the Pittman-Robertson funds.

I'll give you one to look up-Google Washington Lynx Fraud. The USFWS, the USFS, and the Washington Wildlife Department got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, not only was no one prosecuted, raises and promotions were given. A small time job compared to the wolf transplant, but it's a quick read and shines some light on how Federal and State agencies operate these days

Their motivation was simple-stop all public use of the National Forests. It's not about Wolves, Lynx or science, it's about power, money, and corruption.

Laws have been broken, lies told under oath, and if you think that equals carved in stone you're the average voter Churchill spoke of as being the best argument against democracy.

Now, I'm using the ignore, and unsubscribe from thread features kindly provided by the Administration of this site.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-05-2013, 02:26 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 458
Re: Idaho wolf down

mildot1960

FYI: a decade long battle with F&G was taken on by the sportsman and ranchers/ farmers of Idaho to establish a hunting season for wolves in Idaho. It was just barely short of blows and secession from the Union. Hunters and ranchers had to take over the Idaho Legislature to force the State government to oppose the Federal intervention. Your statements reflect a belief that hunting seasons on wolves were a natural progression of the Federal Bureaucrats recognizing the need to control the wolf population. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The federal wolf "experts" fought tooth and nail to stop any intervention of their pet project that had so decimated the big game herds in Idaho. They literally argued that "balance" was coming and mankind needed to leave their "wolf wisdom" alone (with absolutely ZERO intervention of any kind) to find its own level. No logic or reason or provable declines in the big game herds could move them. It took a court order to remove the wolf from the Endangered Species List. 7000 wolves in less than a decade was not enough of a recovery for them. A judge brought about wolf hunting in Idaho.

Idaho and the Western States that surround it have a unique relationship with the Federal Government. If Statehood came after the Civil War the Federal Government assumes it owns the state in toto and lends back only what the Federal Government deems rightfully the State's. The Escalante Staircase takeover by Clinton is a case in point. Coal (Very high grade!!!) and lots of it. Utah has owned it as state land since Statehood. Clinton writes his name on a piece of paper and it disappears into the Federal Abyss. Had that happened to New York or Connecticut there would have been hell to pay. But it's just a bunch of Mormons....

The point is the Federal Government does very few things right or cheap or with the best interests of the citizens as its guiding principal. Ronald Reagan's father said it best, "Bureaucracies exist to create bigger bureaucracies and never shrink of their own accord."

George Washington, "Government is like fire, it is an unruly servant and a fearful master."

I'm for Government the servant.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-05-2013, 02:44 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: London
Posts: 180
Re: Idaho wolf down

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARPERC View Post
Actually, I thought it a legitimate question given your nearly incoherent rant. Or rants at this point.

FACT: Wolves were present in the Rocky mountain states at the time of the transplant.They were there in numbers that were increasing (recovering) without a dime of anybodies money being embezzled.

Fact: American hunters haven't squawked about the money to preserve or better habitat, relocate indigenous species, or exercise restraint while those species recovered since about 1900. Pay to play doesn't mean forgo legitimate questions, blind subservience to government agencies, or suffering fools in silence.

Fact: It didn't take 60-70 million dollars to box a few wolves, and ship them south, but it seems to be missing from the Pittman-Robertson funds.

I'll give you one to look up-Google Washington Lynx Fraud. The USFWS, the USFS, and the Washington Wildlife Department got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, not only was no one prosecuted, raises and promotions were given. A small time job compared to the wolf transplant, but it's a quick read and shines some light on how Federal and State agencies operate these days

Their motivation was simple-stop all public use of the National Forests. It's not about Wolves, Lynx or science, it's about power, money, and corruption.

Laws have been broken, lies told under oath, and if you think that equals carved in stone you're the average voter Churchill spoke of as being the best argument against democracy.

Now, I'm using the ignore, and unsubscribe from thread features kindly provided by the Administration of this site.
I dont know anything of the Politics involved,

Some hunters have complained about where there hunting fees were being spent.

Theres nothing incoherant about what I said, and Chirchill has nothing to do with this.

What a Joke
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC