Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Idaho wolf down

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 10:25 AM
Silver Member

Re: Idaho wolf down

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRedneck View Post
Whatever, tell them that, fact of the matter is this, the damn greenies wanna get off the couch and go on vacation maybe out west and oooo how cool it would be to see a wolf. Thats all fine and dandy but like you they dont live here............there is no rational with these folks , they dont want to kill off the elk and the deer, they simply want to be able to come out west and see a wolf....... Its a frickin joke........ Why dont they start makin a stink about bringin the buffallo back, hell id be for that, the damn buffallo dont kill off everything else for sport.

Ya think your gonna come in here now and tell us what we already know, yeah they multiply like rabbits, yeah the big game dont, but they dont care, they simply want to be able to see a real live wild wolf, the repercussions dont cross there mind, and in fact they will search for reasons why you need the wolf to balance the circle of life or some crap like that, had one of these internet fights with a biologist in illinois over what the purpose of the wolf was, he actually tried to tell me that you need the wolf to control elk numbers because the elk put the big hurt on the aspen trees. Now ill tell you like I told him have ya ever been to Idaho, we aint hurtin for aspen trees.

Look here, the old timers killed em off for a reason............
Hunters hunt using tags and this is for only a limited season, But wolves hunt 365 days of the year So everyday in the US there is more than one Elk being killed Somewhere everyday and The Elk cant compete with that,

john
Old 01-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildot1960 View Post
Hunters hunt using tags and this is for only a limited season, But wolves hunt 365 days of the year So everyday in the US there is more than one Elk being killed Somewhere everyday and The Elk cant compete with that,

john
Well said, I think some of us misjudged you.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by one crazy kid View Post
Well said, I think some of us misjudged you.
Well that was my own fault because I put trust in the people who were surposed to be well informed and they told me about 20% of the facts and what it boils down to is that they were just using Government money to create A Job for them selves and get their 15 minates of fame, Either way its Fraud.

But although they make the right sounds they never gave a thought about the knock on effect on live stock, lively hoods and how the quality of life would change for those who are dependant on Moose Elk and Deer and other wild game, Not to mention the Sporting world.

Only the Faces change but the Lies stay the same.

I saw somewhere on youtube where wolve were actually Tracking hunters and they got within 50 yds of the hunters, So it is really time to react before someone gets Hurt or worse,

John
Old 01-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Silver Member

Reading this post makes me think of a letter I got in the mail some time back from the serria club. in it, there was a survey that asked questions like, "Do you agree with the slaughter of innocent wolves?" to which I responded "yes!" then they asked, "do you feel like these helpless creatures should be shot and wounded or even killed from airplanes and helicopters?" to which I replied, "yes! where can I find such opportunities?" So I sent it back in the self addressed stamped envelope and put 4 heavy washers in the envelope so they had to pay extra postage. I haven't heard from them since.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Bronze Member

I never imagined this thread would generate the type/quantity of conversation it has. Does anyone know how the wolf derby turned out?
Old 01-03-2014, 12:11 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullmann03 View Post
I never imagined this thread would generate the type/quantity of conversation it has. Does anyone know how the wolf derby turned out?
I believe there were 240 people signed up. All but about 20 were not participants, simply supporters. Pretty sweet.

No woofs harvested

Something like 20 yotes
Old 01-03-2014, 01:48 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
I believe there were 240 people signed up. All but about 20 were not participants, simply supporters. Pretty sweet.

No woofs harvested

Something like 20 yotes
Didnt expect to see any woofs, was just tickled pink that the whole thing got the tree huggers panties in a bunch.......also as expected.

You dont just head out and shoot a wolf real quick, as Roy and I know, them vermin are gettin harder and harder to kill the more they get shot at. I always kinda figured once a wolf season opened, it may turn into a trappers ballgame.

The 2nd Amendment......America's original Homeland Security.

Ethan Parke........roped the deer in 1953. Put tags in his ears turned him loose then shot him in 1955. Always liked this pic
The story was told to me by his wife who owned the little motel we stayed at on a deer hunt in Malta Idaho about 17 years ago...... Youll never see that again. Just a cool pic of Idaho deer huntin history