Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting


Reply

Idaho wolf down

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #64  
Old 12-05-2013, 02:54 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: London
Posts: 180
Re: Idaho wolf down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennibear View Post
mildot1960

FYI: a decade long battle with F&G was taken on by the sportsman and ranchers/ farmers of Idaho to establish a hunting season for wolves in Idaho. It was just barely short of blows and secession from the Union. Hunters and ranchers had to take over the Idaho Legislature to force the State government to oppose the Federal intervention. Your statements reflect a belief that hunting seasons on wolves were a natural progression of the Federal Bureaucrats recognizing the need to control the wolf population. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The federal wolf "experts" fought tooth and nail to stop any intervention of their pet project that had so decimated the big game herds in Idaho. They literally argued that "balance" was coming and mankind needed to leave their "wolf wisdom" alone (with absolutely ZERO intervention of any kind) to find its own level. No logic or reason or provable declines in the big game herds could move them. It took a court order to remove the wolf from the Endangered Species List. 7000 wolves in less than a decade was not enough of a recovery for them. A judge brought about wolf hunting in Idaho.

Idaho and the Western States that surround it have a unique relationship with the Federal Government. If Statehood came after the Civil War the Federal Government assumes it owns the state in toto and lends back only what the Federal Government deems rightfully the State's. The Escalante Staircase takeover by Clinton is a case in point. Coal (Very high grade!!!) and lots of it. Utah has owned it as state land since Statehood. Clinton writes his name on a piece of paper and it disappears into the Federal Abyss. Had that happened to New York or Connecticut there would have been hell to pay. But it's just a bunch of Mormons....

The point is the Federal Government does very few things right or cheap or with the best interests of the citizens as its guiding principal. Ronald Reagan's father said it best, "Bureaucracies exist to create bigger bureaucracies and never shrink of their own accord."

George Washington, "Government is like fire, it is an unruly servant and a fearful master."

I'm for Government the servant.
Well if what you say is right then, what is the answer to this mess
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-05-2013, 03:02 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 456
Re: Idaho wolf down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildot1960 View Post
Well if what you say is right then, what is the answer to this mess
Leave well enough alone.
The States control the states.
The Federal government has no vested interest in the prosperity of the individual state.
Assume the citizens can guide themselves.
We the People are not serfs.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-05-2013, 03:35 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: London
Posts: 180
Re: Idaho wolf down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennibear View Post
Leave well enough alone.
The States control the states.
The Federal government has no vested interest in the prosperity of the individual state.
Assume the citizens can guide themselves.
We the People are not serfs.
Just Insults and put downs,,,,,

You deserve all you get, I ask you a simple question to Being what is the answer to this wolf problem and you come out with this crap,

Im no bodies Serf and it will take a bigger man than you to make me think otherwise,

your just a mushroom,,,, small stalk,,,Big Head and Full of Bullshit
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-05-2013, 08:12 AM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 34
Re: Idaho wolf down

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
2 Questions:

1. Where U live?

2. How many yards from your bedroom to the tracks?

Oops. . .There's 3 questions

Wanna share your bedroom? I'll bring a shooting bench to put in the window.
There is already a shooting bench at that window

1. About an hour and half south of I-90

2. 350ish
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 34
Re: Idaho wolf down

???????????

He gave an honest reasoned answer, without mentioning or insinuating anything about you, heck he didn't even really put down the federal government.

Not sure what in his answer has you all bent out of shape, maybe the fact that some of us still believe in them musty old documents that created this country?

Now if you want a simple answer specifically to curing the wolf problem; you won't like it, but here it is. Kill'em all. We didn't want them, they were rammed down our throats, and we STILL don't want them.

Without lots of poison it'll never come close to happening of course. With a year round hunting and trapping season and possibly a bounty on them we could maybe control them and keep their numbers in check, but we will never eliminate them. Still I can dream, and no wolves south of the Canadian border is real nice dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildot1960 View Post
Just Insults and put downs,,,,,

You deserve all you get, I ask you a simple question to Being what is the answer to this wolf problem and you come out with this crap,

Im no bodies Serf and it will take a bigger man than you to make me think otherwise,

your just a mushroom,,,, small stalk,,,Big Head and Full of Bullshit
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: West Central, Idaho
Posts: 418
Re: Idaho wolf down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildot1960 View Post
Well they have been talking about re-introducing them again here this past 6 months, and I too would stump up the cash for that because atleased that would give us something else to hunt,

I do see the light in what your saying but I also see the value in all game because when one season closes another opens and that means more time hunting which means more use out of the gear we buy instead of them becoming dust collectors for 11 months of the year.
It in fact means far far less to hunt! You have no idea what these animals do. They kill and breed that's it!! If I were you I'd do everything in my power to not let it happen. The sad fact is they were introducing them for years before they did it officially! The other sad fact is they took out our native wolves ny doing so! If we trapped, shot, and poisoned year round, we still wouldn't get rid of them! They should be considered an invasive species and dealt with as such.

They're starting to get a little mangey where I'm at, and I've seen Far less this year. Heard about far less too
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Blackfoot, Idaho
Posts: 8,064
Re: Idaho wolf down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildot1960 View Post
Just Insults and put downs,,,,,

You deserve all you get, I ask you a simple question to Being what is the answer to this wolf problem and you come out with this crap,

Im no bodies Serf and it will take a bigger man than you to make me think otherwise,

your just a mushroom,,,, small stalk,,,Big Head and Full of Bullshit
Ok Sucka!

U went way over the line.

I assume from your location, London, that you're in the UK.

If you are in the US we otta take donations and get you a one-way ticket to the UK or some other socialist country. And escort you to the boat to ensure you get on and don't swim back.

If so, you are as the frog in the warm water then the heat is turned up.

You have no clue that you are a Serf.

Have a couple of good neighbors from the UK. One is a US citizen his wife isn't. He spent 30 years in the UK. Good people, just way to used to gimmes.

A bigger man than you, what's that mean. Any "man" is bigger than you. You may be a "male" but you certainly aren't a "man"!

Churchhill would be very disappointed in you.

We separated ourselves from the UK to gain "real" freedom. Only those that had it know what it is. Others can only wish for it. We more than wished for freedom. Through the grace of God and the actions of a few good 'men' we got it.

Now, with the grace of God and actions of a few good men, we'll get it 'all' back!

AND, I recommend that Len wave the magic wand so that I/we don't fall into the trap of inadvertently clicking on a thread that contains a post from you.

AND, I'm not sorry for my attitude regarding this.

Oh, and my next post on this thread will be when I or someone close to me puts another Idaho wolf down!
__________________
I may be the slowest guy on the mountain . . . . but . . . . I'm on the mountain!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Current Poll
Do You Shoot Rifle Competition?
YES - 33.51%
767 Votes
NO - 66.49%
1,522 Vote
Total Votes: 2,289
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC