Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Idaho wolf down

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 10:25 PM
Bronze Member

Idaho wolf down

My uncle took this wolf in unit 24 on October 17th. She was by herself, unfortunately.

Idaho wolf down-image-57.jpg
Old 10-31-2013, 11:20 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Idaho wolf down

Whoooo Hoooooo!

Need details.

Where and stuff like that.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Silver Member

Very nice!
Old 11-14-2013, 10:51 PM
Silver Member

Nice!!!!
😊
Old 11-16-2013, 09:16 AM

I'm sorry to see such a beautiful animal die for nothing.Generally speeking we don't eat wolf and the likelyhood will be that the carcass will just be thrown away.The fur will not be rendered for coat making as it is in Alaska and the animal will have died for nothing.There is nothing wrong with taking animals for our use or consumption, but this is a complete waste.
Wolves help keep the deer and elk moving during hunting season.Without them your likely to experence long days sitting and waiting for animals to move that know moving during the day might get them shot.
Please don't tell me how many deer are killed by wolves.Bears take more deer than wolves do, and the main reason we have a season for the taking of deer or elk is because we must limit their numbers. Wolves help us to do that, and they also help keep the rodent population in check.If you have wisdom you will see the logic in what I have said. If not you most certainly will call me names I probably have never been called before. Thats the risk I take because I think animals shouldn't be persecuted.The wolf is no different than the Bear, its just that we can eat Bear or make use of its fur.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:57 AM

B.S. - I have property outside of Elk City, Id. We have two known wolf packs running the area. Since they have come in the Elk and Deer have pretty much disappeared. I was up last weekend and only saw one whitetail doe. No Elk. Heard the wolves and saw lots of tracks. Time to kill them all!!!
Old 11-16-2013, 10:03 AM
Silver Member

so izzy do you honestly think there are enough elk and deer to support the wolf and human hunters, meaning no drop in tags and still have the same harvest numbers if so I think you are just fooling yourself. It makes sense to keep the hunters that are paying to harvest animals and can be controlled versus the predator that won't stop killing until the prey is gone. not that humans haven't done this before but we are much better regulated now than before.