Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Hunters in Montana/WI wolf fail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Gold Member

Re: Hunters in Montana/WI wolf fail

Sounds like Fish and Wildlifes infinite wisdom shining through again. All the wolves they "reintroduced" around here are all Canadian Wolves, which are almost all, to some degree, wolf/dog hybrids. I know a guy in Libby that thought skunks or raccoons were stealing the dog food off his back porch at night, till he woke up at 3am to take a leak and saw a big black wolf chowing down on it... one less wolf in the world, but it proves that the "they have a natural fear of humans theory" is total BS. A hungry wolf will take down anything it thinks it can, a bored wolf will do just about the same thing.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Silver Member

Coyboy,

Start breeding Rottweilers to German Shepherds and you will have dogs large and aggressive enough to handle wolves. Take out your dogs in winter using cross country skis in thick forest where wolves live. Best on a moonlight night. Way to fight wolf pack is with a dog pack. The Russians used Borzoi to catch the wolf, as it is faster than a wolf and it was purpose bred to catch wolves. The Rottweiler/Shepherds will finish off any wolf, even a pack of them if they attack in a pack.

Snowmobiles can't go through thick forest. Snowshoes are not as fast as skis. You will not find many DNR wardens that are world class cross country skiers. Call in the wolf and unleash the Borzoi. The Rottweiler/ Shepherds will not be far behind. You do not need a gun. Russians like to finish them off with a knife. They sell the hide.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyboy View Post
That does not suprise me, 10+ years ago I talked to a guy from Lone Rock, his friend had a Hybreed for a pet and the DNR came in and took it said he didn't have the correct permit and they didn't want it breeding with any "real" wolves.

Like the hybreeds pecker was 200 miles long, how could it do that if they weren't already there.
I don't know about 200 miles, but when you see the size some of these things are getting, you have to wonder if shetland pony was in their heritage. This is not endangered species it's a new species, that's rapidly replacing the old. Canada will regret the day this tide reverses and comes home twice as big.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Platinum Member

Thats funny, about the size thing, looking at the pictures from the out west hunters with their wolf kills, Some of them things are huge. I think our average wolf here is likly under 100 lbs. 70-90 would be my estimate of adult weight.

But on occasion some one sees a monster, we assume they are just big old males, but may-be there is a little more to it. Hopefully they all do not share this charicteristic... yet.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAL Shot View Post
Coyboy,

Start breeding Rottweilers to German Shepherds and you will have dogs large and aggressive enough to handle wolves. Take out your dogs in winter using cross country skis in thick forest where wolves live. Best on a moonlight night. Way to fight wolf pack is with a dog pack. The Russians used Borzoi to catch the wolf, as it is faster than a wolf and it was purpose bred to catch wolves. The Rottweiler/Shepherds will finish off any wolf, even a pack of them if they attack in a pack.

Snowmobiles can't go through thick forest. Snowshoes are not as fast as skis. You will not find many DNR wardens that are world class cross country skiers. Call in the wolf and unleash the Borzoi. The Rottweiler/ Shepherds will not be far behind. You do not need a gun. Russians like to finish them off with a knife. They sell the hide.
You haven't seen what's left of a Rottweiler when a wolf gets done with it!! Ain't much left, a pack of 120 lbs lion hounds that will rip coyotes limb from limb and not even brake a sweat won't make it more than a few seconds with these wolves.

Walking with dogs will get a guy into a bad situation. We had several dogs killed this year while out with owners and the wolves had no fear of the human shooting at them, the wolves loose it with dogs near and they go into kill mode.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 12-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Silver Member

Last spring, a big wolf and my Rottie Shepherd ran into each other on the trail while we were out walking. The wolf took one look and was out of there as fast as he could run.

Rotties have long guarded animals from wolves. Goes back to the Roman times.

A wolf pack would be another story, but my dog has went up against a pair of coyotes on a moonlight night. Coyotes ran as soon as he charged them.

A pair of pit bulls attacked my rottie shepherd, and he took care of them in about 5 seconds.

At 10 months of age, my rottie shepherd could jump into the back of my F-150 without lowering the tailgate. Try that with any other pups you might have around. He took down 5 mule deer in the past year by himself. The last one was in the river as it tried to get across. He had one mule deer trying to stomp him to death. He kept dodging the hooves until he found an opening then grabbed her by the neck and threw her down like a sack of potatoes. I pulled him off all 5 deer, and I expected they survived. However, he did kill one mule deer the year before in the city park.

Rottweilers have the strongest bite in the world, stronger than a pit bull. A long snout dog like a German Shepherd is a good one to mix t a Rottie as it makes the mouth longer and better able to tear prey.

If a Rottie Shepherd gets torn up by wolves, it was done by a wolf pack. One-on-one situation, the dog should win.