Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Here's one to --- one off!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Here's one to --- one off!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster740 View Post
I just bought the coolest wolf chasing, bomb proof, gentle, smooth as silk but fast dude horse ever.
I am heading out this morning to look at the same breed of horse. After hunting wolves on foot last season I realized I need one to get farther in. I have been wanting another horse for quite a while, but finally I have a good reason to own one. I have been looking at lever guns and scabbards so I will always be ready. I vow to be more effective from here on out.

Rooster, I hope we can ride in together one day and paste a few.

Jeff
Old 03-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Platinum Member

Broz,and Rooster, you are putting foolish thoughts in a foolish fellows head. I haven't thrown a leg over for 10 years, and you got me checking out my saddle. It's definitely a posse worth the trip.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARPERC View Post
Broz,and Rooster, you are putting foolish thoughts in a foolish fellows head. I haven't thrown a leg over for 10 years, and you got me checking out my saddle. It's definitely a posse worth the trip.

Here, allow me to give you a leg up.

Jeff ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 03-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member

Broz, quite the video.
Should be played nightly on all the mainstream networks just like the twin towers going down on 9/11 so that folks remain pissed off.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 03-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Here, allow me to give you a leg up.

Jeff ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wolf management 101 - YouTube
I was in a mellow happy mood... until I watched that! Now I'm gonna have go kick my dog a couple times just cause he's a K9. I'm gonna watch that once every time I hit the backcountry from now on. Broz- you otta post that as a new thread in case someone misses it here. Great way to keep people fired up.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Gold Member

I hate those *******, it they killed to eat that would be one thing, they sport kill, I hope we can wipe the ******* out.

Does anyone know of a good outfitter that I can hunt wolves with this year??
Old 04-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalebow View Post
I hate those bleepers, it they killed to eat that would be one thing, they sport kill, I hope we can wipe the bleepers out.

Does anyone know of a good outfitter that I can hunt wolves with this year??
Um hello! Let me remind you of somethings, Outfitters charge a large fee, and are typically booked with big game hunters (big money) if they are worth their apples. Outfitters are only allowed to hunt certain areas and wolves cover big country (here today gone tomorrow). Most outfitters have enough guides to kill the wolves they see if they are going to be legal about matters.
certainly it is alot more economical to make friends with a couple of people who just truley hates wolves, most big game hunters do to differnt levels of hatred. They may not show you their favorite elk hole, but You can bet your donkey they will, at least tell you where to go to kill these nasty killing machines. Some will gather you up throw you on a horse and drag your donkey all over hell and back until you smoke a dog or give up!
I can tell you that until snow is on the ground for tracking locating wolves is just about 50 percent luck. Once there is snow on the ground they are in trouble, and I mean big bad ventilated wolf trouble.