Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Gray wolves no longer protected by Feds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 08:25 AM
Gold Member

Re: Gray wolves no longer protected by Feds

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500mag_guy View Post
I hear ya!! Everything he has vetoed he promised before the elections he'd stand behind us Montanans with what we believe but as with all Politicians they will say anything to get into office.
Yup, it's sad that ever Tester is better... sorta.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Gold Member

well sadly i will have to agree but i will have to say he was better no sorta lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by threejones View Post
Yup, it's sad that ever Tester is better... sorta.

Riley: "Biggest fail of 2014 so far..."
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...72/index4.html
Old 06-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberyote View Post
Now maybe the states can put a season on these vermin & really thin them out!
Good news for elk & mule deer! Woo-Hoo!Gray Wolves No Longer Protected By Federal Government | FOX2now.com

You don't honestly believe that they are detrimental to any herd do you? If anything they are a gift for hunters. Wolves don't take down bull Elk and Mulie bucks. They pick off the slow, sick, and weak. Last year I can't count how many hunters in Wisconsin I heard in the bar complaining about the wolves and their effect on deer hunting. It's estimated that the wolf population in Wisconsin takes anywhere from 10-30,000 deer a year. With a population well over a million I'd say that the impact is negligable. More are killed by cars than other predators. I'd imagine that the situation is similar in MT. As for the political issues... I'd gladly trade Illinois politicians for Montana politicians.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:44 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramarine6 View Post
You don't honestly believe that they are detrimental to any herd do you? If anything they are a gift for hunters. Wolves don't take down bull Elk and Mulie bucks. They pick off the slow, sick, and weak. Last year I can't count how many hunters in Wisconsin I heard in the bar complaining about the wolves and their effect on deer hunting. It's estimated that the wolf population in Wisconsin takes anywhere from 10-30,000 deer a year. With a population well over a million I'd say that the impact is negligable. More are killed by cars than other predators. I'd imagine that the situation is similar in MT. As for the political issues... I'd gladly trade Illinois politicians for Montana politicians.
Boy I hope you are kidding because if not you just opened up a big can of worms talking like that. Wolves are the reason there are hardly anymore elk in both Idaho and Montana. I have a feeling you are going to be hearing from a couple people on here. WOW!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Gold Member

What are you talking about!?!?! They aren't detrimental to the herds?? Wolves don't take down bull elk and mulie bucks? Don't forget they don't kill full grown bull moose or full grown health grizzly bears!!

What!!!!

The wolve don't kill healthy cattle either!

Wow what ever rock you've been under hasn't been turned over for a long ass time! The wolves have completely destroyed our Elk herds and mule deer herds and that includes healthy big bulls along with healthy mulie bucks. The last thing that the hunters would consider a god sent would be wolves!! To say wolves don't kill healthy elk and deer your out of your mind!!! Just take a second and read through some of the threads in the wolf section.

Where did you get your info on this I'm very curious!!

FYI!! Montana has nothing even close to what you are talking about. Montana is being over ran with the damn things!! And our wolves kill all things!!! ("Healthy")Moose, Elk, Deer, antelope, bear!!! I miss anything??

Gray wolves no longer protected by Feds-image.jpg

Well isn't that cute... These wolves are walking our elk for us!!

Wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramarine6 View Post

Old 06-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500mag_guy View Post
What are you talking about!?!?! They aren't detrimental to the herds?? Wolves don't take down bull elk and mulie bucks? Don't forget they don't kill full grown bull moose or full grown health grizzly bears!!

What!!!!

The wolve don't kill healthy cattle either!

Wow what ever rock you've been under hasn't been turned over for a long ass time! The wolves have completely destroyed our Elk herds and mule deer herds and that includes healthy big bulls along with healthy mulie bucks. The last thing that the hunters would consider a god sent would be wolves!! To say wolves don't kill healthy elk and deer your out of your mind!!! Just take a second and read through some of the threads in the wolf section.

Where did you get your info on this I'm very curious!!

FYI!! Montana has nothing even close to what you are talking about. Montana is being over ran with the damn things!! And our wolves kill all things!!! ("Healthy")Moose, Elk, Deer, antelope, bear!!! I miss anything??

Wow
Amen Brother, What a quack!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Gold Member

Gray wolves no longer protected by Feds-image.jpg

Boy this bull sure looks like he was pretty damn healthy before his guts were pulled out of him!!