Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Game Wastage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Gold Member

Re: Game Wastage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clucknmoan View Post
nor did we have the lovely tapeworms that came with them which can be classified as nothing less than an invasive species. If you or I introduced an invasive species that threatened an ecosystem, let alone human life (no matter to what extent), we would find ourselves in a courtroom fighting for our freedom. They get a pass and a whoops.

Bottom line is if IDFG doesn't get their heads on straight and take care of this problem, there will be no more sportsman money coming into this state (or surrounding states) for them to manage.
I've never heard of the tapeworm problem. So not only did they screw-up as par for the course, they doubled-down on their screw-up.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the state to do something meaningful; I think us peons are on our own. As you have pointed out, even when they are clearly in the wrong, there are no consequences, and their agenda trudges on.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 04-15-2014, 12:42 PM
Clucknmoan

Yeah, they've known about it for quite some time, yet not many even in the state are aware of it. It's not a scare tactic, it IS happening, it IS in our big game herds (seen it myself in elk), and it IS documented in humans in this state.

Google "Hydatid Wolves Idaho" Just don't do it right before or after you eat.

As pointed out by others, the truth does not matter, just the agenda.

Here is a link below from a small newspaper published by a family friend on the situation, spelling out the deceit and smoke surrounding the subject. This guy has dedicated his life to the conservation of big game and to holding those whom are responsible for their management accountable.

http://www.idahoforwildlife.com/Webs...une%202011.pdf
Old 04-15-2014, 03:02 PM
Platinum Member

It most probably won't be long until I put a boot print on someone's neck and a carbon foot print on their ass!

Been considering a lone donkey ride across YNP. Is that legal? Know it's not a snow machine or ATV but is better company and quiet, except when he sounds off. . .
Old 04-15-2014, 03:20 PM
Silver Member

The tapeworm infestation problem here in northern Idaho is getting extreme. I personally know of (and have seen the photos) multiple bull moose taken this fall that had to literally be buried. Every ounce of meat was infested with those oozing tape worm cysts, from right under the hide to deep down by the bone. Those animals were inspected and confirmed by IDFG's wildlife vet, and ordered to be completely buried. The parasite is too easily transmissible for the carcass to be taken to the dump. Replacement once in a lifetime moose tags were offered, but you had to surrender the antlers too. Guys who had taken record book bulls were forced to make a terrible choice. I haven't seen it in elk or deer yet, but I'm sure its coming.

Many thanks to the Clinton administration for releasing this pestilence on our lands.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Gold Member

It is sad to know something and to tell people that will be affected by it and have them not believe you. Or worse , have them disparage you.
But that's how it goes.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clucknmoan View Post

Bottom line is if IDFG doesn't get their heads on straight and take care of this problem, there will be no more sportsman money coming into this state (or surrounding states) for them to manage.

THe IDFG is not the problem, they are under scrutiny from the Feds until the 5 year delisting period is up. After that our biggest enemy will be the general public. They know that Wildlife belongs to the people fo the state in which the animal is found. That means that every wolf in Idaho belongs to us and no one from out of state can tell us what to do with them besides the ESA. What the wolf humpers are trying to do now is to make ground in banning certain practices on federal land because the land belongs to every citizen of the country. First they will ban grazing on public land, then trapping in wilderness then trapping on any public land, their ultimate goal is to ban hunting on Federal lands. Once you ban hunting on federal lands it won't matter how many elk or wolves there are.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idelkslayer View Post
THe IDFG is not the problem, they are under scrutiny from the Feds until the 5 year delisting period is up. After that our biggest enemy will be the general public. They know that Wildlife belongs to the people fo the state in which the animal is found. That means that every wolf in Idaho belongs to us and no one from out of state can tell us what to do with them besides the ESA. What the wolf humpers are trying to do now is to make ground in banning certain practices on federal land because the land belongs to every citizen of the country. First they will ban grazing on public land, then trapping in wilderness then trapping on any public land, their ultimate goal is to ban hunting on Federal lands. Once you ban hunting on federal lands it won't matter how many elk or wolves there are.
This is correct, I have been following the situation.

I cannot agree with the statement that they are not the problem. While they surely aren't the whole problem, at the very least they a part of it. How much is subject to opinion I suppose.

What I know is that I am tired of being lied to, and I am tired of our big game herds suffering while they manage money. I am tired of having statistics shoved down my throat that simply do not support what I see every day.