Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Wolf Hunting

Anti's Sue Over Wyo Wolves....Again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Anti's Sue Over Wyo Wolves....Again

I find it pretty hard for an invasive species to be troubled.... they weren't here to begin with.

t

Old 01-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Platinum Member

Somebody should introduce a law that states that an entity (with individuals in leadership named) that champions a cause be responsible for management and financially responsible for damages caused by such cause, and be responsible unsuccessful law suits.

I don't think that would get to far, but it would sure be nice to say: Ok you want this get out your check book, because your paying the cost of studies, efforts and livestock loss. And if you try to open a lawsuit and it fails your on the hook for that too.
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 01-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
Somebody should introduce a law that states that an entity (with individuals in leadership named) that champions a cause be responsible for management and financially responsible for damages caused by such cause, and be responsible unsuccessful law suits.

I don't think that would get to far, but it would sure be nice to say: Ok you want this get out your check book, because your paying the cost of studies, efforts and livestock loss. And if you try to open a lawsuit and it fails your on the hook for that too.

Joe, that makes too much sense Logical & rational thinking was done away with long ago. I'm pretty sure it's illegal in some states (known to the state of California to cause birth defects)....

It's pretty sickening to think that they are using our money to sue us over our land & wildlife.

t

Old 01-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Platinum Member

My wish is to see the states or someone with standing, sue to get an accounting and the return of the Pittman-Robertson monies.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Bronze Member

Wolves in Wyoming's "varmit" area have been shot at Green River. It takes half of a day to drive to Yellowstone from there in a car. That seems to be a stretch of "the greater Yellowstone ecosystem" to me.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member

You might write a letter to former Vice president Dick Cheney. If he has a Wyoming address, he might give you some idea of how to keep the federal government out of Wyoming's business. I'm just guessing here, but if he thinks like you, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have him give you some suggestions. I don't know if what I'm saying has any credence but I do have a lot of respect for Dick Cheney. He seems like someone that would know how to dispute the federal government's involvement in state affairs maybe if it's his own state he would help.

Just a guess.

you know...

A dead wolf's a good wolf as far as I'm concerned! I think it's high time we all write letters to influential current and former politicians about our right to hunt as a true conservationist. This seems to me the biggest thing we will loss to anti gun people. Why can't we hunt if we follow known conservation ideas and I think all of us deserve to have laws made that are fair to us too.

Good luck.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bar63 View Post
Wolves in Wyoming's "varmit" area have been shot at Green River. It takes half of a day to drive to Yellowstone from there in a car. That seems to be a stretch of "the greater Yellowstone ecosystem" to me.
If you haven't read up on it the goal "Y2Y" Yellowstone to Yukon corridor is the ECO"s desire.